Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CBS picks up Lingo  (Read 10934 times)

Otm Shank

Re: CBS picks up Lingo
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2022, 12:49:53 PM »
Found it interesting that the spot that ran on Sunday proclaimed it a "CBS original." I know they want to convey these aren't reruns from cable, but instead it comes across as the show never existed before

jalman

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2022, 02:01:39 PM »
Found it interesting that the spot that ran on Sunday proclaimed it a "CBS original." I know they want to convey these aren't reruns from cable, but instead it comes across as the show never existed before
All sorts of shows are touted as "original" series in the "exclusive to this channel/network/app" sense. e.g. Netflix's branding their exclusives may have popularized that.

BrandonFG

« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2022, 06:39:53 PM »
All sorts of shows are touted as "original" series in the "exclusive to this channel/network/app" sense. e.g. Netflix's branding their exclusives may have popularized that.
It's possible, but I know ABC's been doing that for at least a decade as well by starting their shows with "AN ABC STUDIOS PRODUCTION". To me it's a nice throwback to a different era, when Lorimar and Quinn Martin did the same during their opening credits.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TimK2003

« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2022, 03:35:05 PM »
I see that CBS is really pushing Lingo in promos.  At least 4 times within the early NFL games today.

Kniwt

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2023, 10:48:21 AM »
Small data point: An ad for Lingo just showed up on the Buzzr stream on Pluto. No biggie, but it's the first one I've seen.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2023, 11:01:52 AM »
Small data point: An ad for Lingo just showed up on the Buzzr stream on Pluto. No biggie, but it's the first one I've seen.

Clearly, they didn't think they were running nearly enough CBS ads.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2023, 12:03:13 PM »
the Lingo promos almost outnumber the East New York ads!
@lambertman

Bob Zager

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2023, 12:50:04 PM »
I'd like to know what the gang thinks about the show.  The ratings seem to be declining week after week.  IIRC, episode five did well, and had a couple of amazing come from behind victories.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2023, 12:52:35 PM »
It exists and people work on it.
Travis L. Eberle

curtking

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2023, 01:17:07 PM »
I'm enjoying it.  The different rounds give it some variety.  Ru is entertaining and moves the game along well.  I do miss the bingo aspect, but that ship has sailed.  I also like that there are two separate games and that they don't stretch a single game our for the entire hour (looking at you, Celebrity J!) :D

Sodboy13

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2023, 01:38:32 PM »
It's a mess of poor formatting and baffling production choices, and I made it through one episode and 10 minutes before dumping my series recording.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

BrandonFG

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2023, 02:37:51 PM »
I'd like to know what the gang thinks about the show.  The ratings seem to be declining week after week.  IIRC, episode five did well, and had a couple of amazing come from behind victories.
It’s okay but it feels too much like an event, if that makes sense. I know primetime shows are produced a little differently, but I don’t need all the theatrics for a word game. Also not a fan of the bonus round being a competition where the runners-up leave with nothing. But that’s a gripe I have with most game shows.

RuPaul is a decent host, however.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2023, 03:48:55 PM »
The game doesn't have enough variation or randomness to provide incentive to watch the next week, and what the game does have isn't presented in an interesting manner.
This signature is currently under construction.

Chuck Sutton

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2023, 06:09:04 PM »
CBS Ordered second season of Lingo.

weaklink75

« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2023, 04:16:33 PM »
Last 4 eps of Season 1 have been pulled from the schedule and will air with Season 2 (I suspect this is insurance against a possible writer's strike so they'll have original stuff to show)

http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2023/03/17/encores-of-cbs-dramas-will-air-in-place-of-the-previously-scheduled-lingo-on-wednesdays-560012/20230317cbs01/