The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Millionaire cancelled at ABC

(1/3) > >>

Chuck Sutton:
ABC announced they would more episodes in the foreseeable future.

https://tvline.com/2022/01/20/pooch-perfect-cancelled-abc-millionaire/

BrandonFG:
For this to be the show that more or less revitalized the genre 20+ years ago, this version felt like a throwaway show for ABC. Kinda like what they eventually did with Match Game; if one of their new dramas fails, just plug an episode in its place until something better comes along. I could be wrong, but I don't even remember seeing too many promos compared to the other Fun and Games shows.

His talk show is cool, but I also never warmed up to Jimmy Kimmel as host.

MSTieScott:
Nobody could have predicted that an emphasis on celebrities playing Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? would fail to result in ratings success.

Stackertosh:
The show was set to fail with the ever changing time slots and having celebrities. I am sure when things get quiet they are going to reboot the show again.

I wasn't really a fan of Jimmy hosting.  I just felt like he went though the motions.

From the article
"Per Deadline, ABC is leaving the door slightly ajar for Millionaire to return at some point in the future, although there are currently no plans to produce new episodes."

cmjb13:

--- Quote from: MSTieScott on January 20, 2022, 06:05:33 PM ---Nobody could have predicted that an emphasis on celebrities playing Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? would fail to result in ratings success.

--- End quote ---

What else did you expect from Mike Richards?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version