Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ever misunderstand certain rules/practices?  (Read 3167 times)

Mark McNeil

Re: Ever misunderstand certain rules/practices?
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2022, 12:05:28 AM »
Maybe you knew a few people that misunderstood this. I knew a few. In the early days of the current TPIR in the Showcase round, some thought that every player who came closest without going over won both showcases. They'll argue "He said the one who comes closest without going over wins everything in the Showcase". I guess that confusion was because that portion of the show is called The Showcase and both prize packages are called showcases. This, of course, was before the less than $100 rule came into play.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 01:51:36 AM by Mark McNeil »

Kniwt

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2022, 10:08:58 AM »
On Russian Roulette, I always thought the contestants who were eliminated had their falls heavily cushioned to prevent injury. It wasn't until much later that I learned they actually fell into a pit of vipers, piranhas, and crocodiles.

I didn't realize this until the only contestant who ever survived wrote a revealing article on Medium and said she had to run away from producers who came after her when she escaped.

I'll show myself out now. :)

chargeradiocom

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2022, 05:18:47 PM »

On Russian Roulette, I always thought the contestants who were eliminated had their falls heavily cushioned to prevent injury. It wasn't until much later that I learned they actually fell into a pit of vipers, piranhas, and crocodiles.

I didn't realize this until the only contestant who ever survived wrote a revealing article on Medium and said she had to run away from producers who came after her when she escaped.

I'll show myself out now. :)
Ah, you’re full of it. :P ;D  I remember this one very attractive blonde contestant on RR, who later appeared on How Much Is Enough, thankfully unmaimed. She was featured in an HMIE promo that played often, & I kept watching that show hoping to catch her episode (which I finally did about a week before it was permanently pulled from the schedule). That contestant, & that Corbin Bernsen did an admirable job of trying to host that slog of a game, are about the only good things I remember from that show.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2022, 05:44:40 PM »

AGTOT?