Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Definition returns!  (Read 5665 times)

chargeradiocom

Re: Definition returns!
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2022, 05:05:14 PM »

Not just "unearthed", though yes, that alone would be interesting enough.  But this guy is also somehow getting them digitized AND acquiring rights to use them?  We'd always been told that digitizing was a prohibitive expense, yet somehow we havehundreds of Definition and all the other only slightly more recent stuff, and all he takes in is $5 a month from a handful of die-hard fans?  The math is not working out for me here.  If this is a viable model, why aren't American entities doing this?

What's more puzzling to me is that for stations like Game TV or CHCH (which airs retro shows during daytime hours), sometimes the announcer will say something like "this show is brought to you by BonusRound.ca, streaming the best of Canadian game shows".  During the announcement, they'll show stills of show openings like Definition, Mad Dash, Kids Street, Liars Club, etc.

I wonder what the deal is that he's getting his website mentioned on national television.
I’d had wondering thoughts myself if everything was above board with this. But if he’s advertising on significant-sized Canadian TV stations, everything must be on the up-and-up. (That, or he’s loaded with cash and is either picking a court fight or is completely stupid.) Perhaps one of the rights owners is financially backing this? I’m thinking he must have a corporate media sponsor somewhere.

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2022, 10:21:26 AM »
FYI: there are now *70* episodes on Bonus Round, all from season 7.

Blanquepage

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2022, 12:57:56 PM »
FYI, a batch of 50 out of the 89 existing episodes from season 8 have been uploaded.

gamed121683

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2022, 01:31:06 PM »
FYI, a batch of 50 out of the 89 existing episodes from season 8 have been uploaded.

Two questions:

1. Are the 70 Season 7 episodes still there or did they have to take them down in order make room for the new 50?

2. Will watching all of those reruns back-to-back-to-back make me a better Pundle player?

Blanquepage

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2022, 03:02:37 PM »

Two questions:

1. Are the 70 Season 7 episodes still there or did they have to take them down in order make room for the new 50?

They're still there, making 150 episodes a pretty nice binge.
Have to admit that I haven't joined the Pundle party yet, but I'll get there I'm sure  ;D

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2022, 07:52:03 PM »
I didn't think this merited its own thread, but in a conversation with whomever handles the Bonusround.ca social media account; Talk About is coming April 1.  In that same conversation he asked me if I would prefer season 8 of Definition or season 13; so that's something they must have access to.

Maybe a master thread for this site would be appropriate in the GSN/BUZZR forum? 
--Mark
Phil 4:13

SwohS Emag

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2022, 08:55:23 PM »
I didn't think this merited its own thread, but in a conversation with whomever handles the Bonusround.ca social media account; Talk About is coming April 1.  In that same conversation he asked me if I would prefer season 8 of Definition or season 13; so that's something they must have access to.

In an email to Bonusround.ca subscribers last month, the following info was provided:

I'm now streaming 840 episodes of Canadian game shows at www.bonusround.ca
Full Index
Definition (Season 7): 70 episodes
The Mad Dash: 37 episodes
Let’s Make a Deal (Canada): 33 episodes (streaming 20 now)
Acting Crazy (Season 1): 63 episodes
Acting Crazy (Season 2): 35 episodes
Uh Oh! (Season 3): 34 episodes
Uh Oh! (Season 4): 39 episodes
Uh Oh! (Season 5): 40 episodes (streaming soon)
Uh Oh! (Season 6): 26 episodes (streaming soon)
Kidstreet (Season 1):  51 episodes
Kidstreet (Season 5):  7 episodes (streaming soon)
The New Liar’s Club: 97 episodes
Love Me Love Me Not:  130 episodes
Party Game: 8 episodes
Fibi’s Funny Bones: 56 episodes
Super Pay Cards: 9 episodes
The Next Line: 51 episodes
Love Handles: 37 episodes
Pitfall: 8 episodes
Kwacked! (A BonusRound.ca Original): 9 episodes
Coming April 1: The first season of TalkAbout (130 episodes)

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2022, 11:44:25 AM »
I'm still holding out for A Kin To Win.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.