Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Host Sightings In TV Episodes...  (Read 2180 times)

TimK2003

Game Show Host Sightings In TV Episodes...
« on: December 30, 2021, 08:23:40 PM »
I know there has been mentions of TV shows before where a Game Show host and/or announcer appeared in an episode of a show, either as themselves, in a similar role but as a fictitious character, or in a totally different role before or during their game show stardom.

FWIW, i recently came across two instances that I don't believe were mentioned before:

•  Jay Stewart appeared on Hawaii Five-0 in a Season 5 episode in 1972, entitled "Chain of Events", playing a character named Marty.  He was playing an ordinary person with no game show ties.

• Peter Tomarken appeared on The Rockford Files in a two-part episode in Season 5 (1978) called "Black Mirror" as an uptight commercial director.

I also saw in IMDB that Peter first made an appearance on a 1976 episode of Medical Center and later in a 1979 episode of 240-Robert.

Those last 2 shows I have not seen on TV before, but I recently saw Jay and Peter on the Hawaii and Rockford episodes on Hulu and Pluto, respectively.

MikeK

• Martha!
Re: Game Show Host Sightings In TV Episodes...
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2021, 09:24:41 PM »
I don't recall this one ever mentioned.  Between Hit Man's cancellation and the debut of Press Your Luck, Peter Tomarken played a Doug Llewellyn-type courtroom show commentator on Condo.

TimK2003

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2022, 11:15:22 AM »
Another host sighting and this time from Tom Kennedy:

A bit part as celeb Barry Forbes in a Season 4 episode of That Girl, entitled "Write Is Wrong". 

https://therokuchannel.roku.com/details/f8aae34c4b02596fa3dc23da707b1360/that-girl-s4-e8-write-is-wrong

Ian Wallis

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2022, 11:28:07 AM »
Monty Hall was also on an episode of That Girl - 5th episode of the fourth season, where he plays a dentist.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2022, 12:46:55 PM »
Automan, episode 10:  Peter Marshall plays a gossip columnist who gets murdered.

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2022, 01:42:55 PM »
Automan, episode 10:  Peter Marshall plays a gossip columnist who gets murdered.
It was Herb Tarlek, still angry over the hit job on “Real Families” three years earlier.

Also, Peter Marshall as an obnoxious reality show host on “WKRP”. The prior season, Bert Parks played Herb’s father.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Casey Buck

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2022, 05:21:31 PM »
I think the best one is Tom Kennedy playing evil game show host Bryce Benson on the "Games People Play" episode of Hardcastle and McCormick.

Neat, they have it streaming for free on Plex!

https://watch.plex.tv/show/hardcastle-and-mccormick/season/3/episode/7

mystery7

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2022, 05:22:36 PM »
Speaking of Tom Kennedy, I spotted him on a 1973 episode of Cannon called Moving Target. Not much of a stretch for him: he played a talk show host.