Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New to Buzzr - Q1, 2022  (Read 31986 times)

gridlockjoe

Re: New to Buzzr - Q1, 2022
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2022, 08:51:43 AM »
Watching yesterday's Celebrity Whew! (originally broadcast on a Thursday), I think someone replaced the Folger's crystals with Carol Wayne. If they had a lunch break between taping the Wednesday and Thursday episodes, I'm thinking someone sat down with Carol to go over how the game is played, maybe do a couple of practice rounds. She seemed more "with it" on the Thursday episode.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2022, 06:57:06 PM »
Watching yesterday's Celebrity Whew! (originally broadcast on a Thursday), I think someone replaced the Folger's crystals with Carol Wayne. If they had a lunch break between taping the Wednesday and Thursday episodes, I'm thinking someone sat down with Carol to go over how the game is played, maybe do a couple of practice rounds. She seemed more "with it" on the Thursday episode.
Burt Sugarman?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

JMFabiano

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2022, 02:38:37 AM »
Burt Sugarman?

Well seeing as he was probably the sole reason she got on CW! in the first place....

(And I will take it you missed the second Gauntlet on the Thursday episode)
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

JMFabiano

« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2022, 05:17:11 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was attempting to play junior detective during today's CW! 

POSSIBLE SPOILER/HEADS UP....
Now, tomorrow should be the last trial celebrity episode, yes?  When we ended today's episode, we have up to two rounds left and a Gauntlet.  It wouldn't make sense to introduce two new contestants to play the celebrity version after this, yes?  So assuming there's time to kill...could tomorrow's ep be when Stephen is brought back for his Gauntlet? 
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 05:28:06 PM by JMFabiano »

Bryce L.

« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2022, 05:23:49 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was attempting to play junior detective during today's CW! 

Now, tomorrow should be the last trial celebrity episode, yes?  When we ended today's episode, we have up to two rounds left and a Gauntlet.  It wouldn't make sense to introduce two new contestants to play the celebrity version after this, yes?  So assuming there's time to kill...could tomorrow's ep be when Stephen is brought back for his Gauntlet?
I don't know whether to say "they'd never play two Gauntlets in back-to-back segments" or "thanks for the spoiler".

JMFabiano

« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2022, 05:28:21 PM »
Thanks I corrected it, Bryce...

BrandonFG

« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2022, 05:51:58 PM »
Quoting the spoiler still makes it a spoiler. Just sayin'.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

JMFabiano

« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2022, 08:15:00 PM »

Mea culpa, as I originally posted said spoiler sans covering up.

SuperMatch93

« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2022, 08:27:43 PM »
I'd love to see Stephen's return once we get to that point. However, if there's a skipped episode once we finish the initial celebrity run, I'm guessing it's his. A while back, we speculated that his nickname (link contains a spoiler) may have been the reason his first episode was skipped, and if we don't see him Tom may very well have repeated it.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

BrandonFG

« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2022, 08:46:33 PM »

You're fine. Your spoiler got quoted, which still shows up.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

JMFabiano

« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2022, 06:31:58 AM »

You're fine. Your spoiler got quoted, which still shows up.

No.  Originally I had it uncovered and went back and changed it. 

Anyway...

Someone at FB says they remember Stephen's return, and Tom saying if he lost, he could be in the next game with a celebrity partner.  So I may have been wrong about this afternoon's ep...

gridlockjoe

« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2022, 09:23:18 AM »

They already knew at that point in taping that CW! would be brought back permanently on December 5, per Tom's announcement in #146. So they could have any remaining contestants wait for a week to come back in episode #154 at the start of the first permanent CW! week, just as they put Joyce and Chase in contestant stasis after #133 until the end of the temporary run.

Confused? You won't be after today's episode of "Whew!".

Bryce L.

« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2022, 05:07:50 PM »
Brilliant detective work! Keep it up!

JMFabiano

« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2022, 09:59:10 AM »
Brilliant detective work! Keep it up!

Thanks I got my diploma from Sherlock Hemlock's school. 

I missed any other reference to 12/5 besides yesterday's, so I wasn't sure how they'd handle it.  Turns out it was the Whew! way...totally convoluted. 

Better safe than PREGNANT?  Good lord, the Golden Girls got ideas from Whew!

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2022, 10:53:27 AM »
The schedule doesn't go this far yet.  On Thursday March 31 (last day of Q1 2022!), we should get new Concentrations from the final season.  Episode 1311, the last new to BUZZR show, should air on 3/30.

On a related note, if you missed the first few episodes of the 1977-78 season with the new Double Play format, it should start rerunning on St. Patty's Day, 3/17.