Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mayim and Ken to host J! through Season 38  (Read 6080 times)

Bob Zager

Mayim and Ken to host J! through Season 38
« on: December 08, 2021, 01:28:21 PM »
According to a post, dated today, at jeopardy.com, the two will continue to share hosting duties through the end of this season:

https://www.jeopardy.com/jbuzz/news-events/mayim-bialik-and-ken-jennings-host-jeopardy-through-end-season-38

The rest of the original post, stating it was to be through the "end of the calendar year," remains there unedited.  I am under the impression that it is a last minute post updating the situation.

weaklink75

Re: Mayim and Ken to host J! through Season 38
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2021, 01:42:06 PM »
And in that announcement Michael Davies will still be the executive producer as well. I have a hunch that they're waiting to see what Fox does with Call Me Kat- if it gets canned, I wouldn't be shocked to see Mayim get the full-time gig if she wants it...

Bob Zager

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2021, 01:20:54 PM »
And in that announcement Michael Davies will still be the executive producer as well. I have a hunch that they're waiting to see what Fox does with Call Me Kat- if it gets canned, I wouldn't be shocked to see Mayim get the full-time gig if she wants it...

Yesterday, I watched J! for the first time in awhile, and I'm under the impression they are going toward naming Mayim the permanent successor based on her availability, based on the intros I've seen.  Johnny Gilbert has introduced Mayim as "the host of Jeopardy!" while I noticed he said last night, "and now, hosting Jeopardy!, Ken Jennings!" 

When Ken was "guest-hosting," he sat at the lecturn, ala Alex, and all the other guest-hosts stood at the podium.  Ken is standing at the podium now, but I've wondered, as well as hoped, will they ever have the host located at the big board  for Final Jeopardy!  They had Alex seated at his podium primarily because of his foot injury for good long time.

SuperMatch93

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2021, 04:26:06 PM »
But I've wondered, as well as hoped, will they ever have the host located at the big board  for Final Jeopardy!  They had Alex seated at his podium primarily because of his foot injury for good long time.

I doubt it, now that the monitor at stage left serves the same purpose.

-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2021, 06:25:19 PM »
Yesterday, I watched J! for the first time in awhile, and I'm under the impression they are going toward naming Mayim the permanent successor based on her availability, based on the intros I've seen.  Johnny Gilbert has introduced Mayim as "the host of Jeopardy!" while I noticed he said last night, "and now, hosting Jeopardy!, Ken Jennings!"

Those two different introductions have been used for Mayim and Ken since the beginning of (the second week of) this season.

trainman

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2021, 11:01:30 PM »
Those two different introductions have been used for Mayim and Ken since the beginning of (the second week of) this season.

I picture Mayim's agent, Ken's agent, and Sony executives spending way too long negotiating over those intros.
trainman is a man of trains

TimK2003

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2021, 08:32:22 PM »

I picture Mayim's agent, Ken's agent, and Sony executives spending way too long negotiating over those intros.

Is it because Ken was already on the J! employee payroll prior to Alex's death and Mayim was "hired" specifically to host after Alex's passing?

Then again I know there are some weird ways famous people can get announced and/or billed in the credits. One oddity that comes to mind is Jonathan Harris being billed as the multi-year "Special Guest Star" on Lost In Space.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2021, 09:57:56 PM »
I know this is unconventional, but is there a chance they just leave the hosting the way it is - permanently?  I don't mind seeing a rotation of Ken and Mayim.  I think it makes it more interesting.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2021, 11:29:15 PM »
I had advocated for rotating guest stars some time ago, and would certainly give more weight to Mayim, but that’s just on3 vote.
Travis L. Eberle

Stackertosh

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2021, 01:34:09 PM »
I have a feeling they are going to have them rotate. It's not hurting the ratings or anything and people seem to like it. 

BrandonFG

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2022, 07:21:34 PM »
Looks like the Mayim/Ken tandem continues for S39 as well.

My guess: Sony doesn't want a third straight year of hosting controversies or fan complaints*, and since the ratings remain solid, why rock the boat?

*/Outside of folks bitching about "SiNgLe JeOpArDy!"
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

JMFabiano

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2022, 10:21:17 AM »
Looks like the Mayim/Ken tandem continues for S39 as well.

My guess: Sony doesn't want a third straight year of hosting controversies or fan complaints*, and since the ratings remain solid, why rock the boat?

*/Outside of folks bitching about "SiNgLe JeOpArDy!"

Wonder if it would do them well to have them just co-host in general?  Ken gets one round, Mayim gets another, they reunite for FJ! 
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

nowhammies10

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2022, 11:00:53 AM »
At that point, can't we just have Win Ben Stein's Ken Jennings's Money back?

inturnaround

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2022, 01:34:47 PM »
I think they're both doing a decent job and the public at large has no problem with the two trading off. Reddit might burn itself to the ground, though...but that's basically going to happen anyway.

I'd just want Ken to be credited as "the host of Jeopardy!" in his own right like Mayim instead of "hosting Jeopardy". He's earned it for sure.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2022, 10:18:35 AM »
I'd just want Ken to be credited as "the host of Jeopardy!" in his own right like Mayim instead of "hosting Jeopardy". He's earned it for sure.

I'd be good if they resurrected the "Your host is __________." line like they used to use for Dick Clark on Teh Pyramid.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe