Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BUZZR on Pluto TV  (Read 16219 times)

DjohnsonCB

BUZZR on Pluto TV
« on: December 02, 2021, 10:49:50 PM »
What channel is BUZZR on on Pluto TV?  I just got a new 32-inch LG TV for my bedroom which has Pluto.
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

trainman

Re: BUZZR on Pluto TV
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2021, 12:18:31 AM »
What channel is BUZZR on on Pluto TV?  I just got a new 32-inch LG TV for my bedroom which has Pluto.

Should be 164, in the Entertainment section (right between TPIR at 163 and DoND at 165). Although it looks like, if you're actually going through the LG Channels app, it may be in a different location.
trainman is a man of trains

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2021, 12:02:29 PM »
Why do you need Pluto to view Buzzr? Shouldn’t it be available over your air?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

jage

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2021, 12:34:54 PM »
It's only available over the air in a couple dozen cities.

aaron sica

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2021, 12:35:36 PM »

Oh man, now you probably made his brain turn to mush.

SuperMatch93

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2021, 12:36:50 PM »

Oh man, now you probably made his brain turn to mush.

To be fair, not everyone has an antenna (and given that he's using Pluto he likely doesn't have cable either).
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

aaron sica

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2021, 12:40:42 PM »
To be fair, not everyone has an antenna (and given that he's using Pluto he likely doesn't have cable either).

For some context:

http://www.gameshowforum.org/index.php/topic,31016.msg370257.html#msg370257

SuperMatch93

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2021, 12:51:14 PM »

For some context:

http://www.gameshowforum.org/index.php/topic,31016.msg370257.html#msg370257

Ah, thanks for that. I've seen his other tech support posts on here before but I must have missed that one.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

PYLdude

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2021, 01:18:16 PM »

Digital subchannels count.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2021, 01:19:48 PM »

This. For example, we don't have a Seattle affiliate. I trick my DVR into thinking the Internet feed is a normal cable channel.

(Yes, including digital subchannels.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

daveromanjr

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2021, 01:56:24 PM »

This. For example, we don't have a Seattle affiliate. I trick my DVR into thinking the Internet feed is a normal cable channel.

And to add on to this some cities are listed as having affiliates but they're only available on some very, very low-power stations and are all but impossible to get a good signal for.

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2021, 01:58:55 PM »

And to add on to this some cities are listed as having affiliates but they're only available on some very, very low-power stations and are all but impossible to get a good signal for.

I've only gotten the Pittsburgh station twice...and it was an overcast day, even though the station is like 5 miles from me.
insert signature here

daveromanjr

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2021, 02:09:22 PM »

I've only gotten the Pittsburgh station twice...and it was an overcast day, even though the station is like 5 miles from me.
I live in Carnegie, right outside of downtown Pittsburgh, at the top of a very long steep hill.  I have a clear view of downtown and even with powered antennas I cannot get Buzzr.  Blah.  Also hi, neighbor.

PYLdude

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2021, 02:31:18 PM »
Okay then. Points made and taken. :)

tvmitch

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2021, 04:09:15 PM »
This right here is The Way. I run Channels DVR server on an old PC. One of the sources for the DVR is a free Sling login, which includes Buzzr and a handful of other free streaming channels. Works like a champ, although the timing is off sometimes.

The Harrisburg, PA market does not have OTA Buzzr. There is a lot of OTA activity in our market of late, with WGAL gaining a few new subchannels and some low-power signals spread throughout, but no one carries Buzzr.

I live within the very outer bands of theoretical reception for WTXF out of Philadelphia, but have never been able to receive them OTA.
You should follow me on Twitter