The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Sweater wearing game show hosts trend

<< < (2/7) > >>

Stackertosh:
I remember seeing Richard Karn wore sweaters or dressed down on Feud.

I was amazed watching Millionaire in another country and seeing the host wear jeans and a dress shirt on.

Kevin Prather:

--- Quote from: Stackertosh on November 24, 2021, 02:26:04 PM ---I was amazed watching Millionaire in another country and seeing the host wear jeans and a dress shirt on.

--- End quote ---

Amitabh Bachchan dresses down on KBC in India from time to time. Pretty sure I've seen Tarrant wearing a leather jacket at some point. (Maybe it was a leather blazer.)

johnnya2k3:

--- Quote from: Kevin Prather on November 24, 2021, 08:24:13 PM --- Pretty sure I've seen Tarrant wearing a leather jacket at some point. (Maybe it was a leather blazer.)

--- End quote ---

In that one clip from Whammy!, Todd Newton hosted in a leather jacket.

BrandonFG:

--- Quote from: mystery7 on November 24, 2021, 01:28:57 PM ---It was absolutely The Cosby Show. I suspect some wardrobe supervisor at Goodsons thought The Cosby Sweaters would be a good vibe for Alex and/or Classic Concentration itself, and from there it spread.

--- End quote ---
Considering how Bert Convy occasionally wore pastel Miami Vice-type outfits on Super Password, I wonder if Goodson or NBC thought the hosts should dress down a little more based on pop culture fads.

calliaume:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on November 26, 2021, 06:10:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: mystery7 on November 24, 2021, 01:28:57 PM ---It was absolutely The Cosby Show. I suspect some wardrobe supervisor at Goodsons thought The Cosby Sweaters would be a good vibe for Alex and/or Classic Concentration itself, and from there it spread.

--- End quote ---
Considering how Bert Convy occasionally wore pastel Miami Vice-type outfits on Super Password, I wonder if Goodson or NBC thought the hosts should dress down a little more based on pop culture fads.

--- End quote ---
Bob Eubanks was wearing sweaters as early as All-Star Secrets (sometimes with a suit jacket, sometimes not). Cosby premiered two and a half weeks before Trivia Trap, so I doubt it had any influence on that show. It's possible it could have influenced Alex Trebek's wardrobe on Classic Concentration, or the sweaters could have been Trebek's own tastes.

The Miami Vice look did not age well; it looks like Bert Convy wore it a few times in the first couple of years and was then phased out.

Eubanks was quoted in one of the game show books (Jefferson Graham's Come On Down?) as saying he doesn't particularly like wearing suits with ties.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version