Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sweater wearing game show hosts trend  (Read 7450 times)

BrandonFG

Re: Sweater wearing game show hosts trend
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2021, 07:18:07 PM »
The sweater trend probably started with Family Ties and Alex P. Keaton
Doubt it - those were more sweater vests. OP is talking about casual, full designer sweaters, which seemed to become more popular after The Cosby Show premiered.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Re: Sweater wearing game show hosts trend
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2021, 07:28:47 PM »
Wouldn't mind seeing coaches return to wearing suits for old time's sake. Former 49ers coach Mike Nolan did it for a short time, but it never caught on. I imagine it might be hell on a coach in a state like Florida, tho.
It's not happening until Nike makes swoosh-adorned suit jackets.  It's all about money and partnerships.

We could use a style icon like Tom Landry nowadays...
Reebok (the sponsor at the time) had to special-design that suit for Nolan (and I believe Jack Del Rio had one as well).  Other than that, yeah, coaches have been required to wear team merch since 1993.

Was gonna say this exact same thing, but couldn’t find good enough pics. If I remember correctly, Del Rio wore his on a Monday Night Football game and Nolan got fired not too long after wearing his (I think).
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022