Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Pictionary" to get summer syndie tryout  (Read 2477 times)

colonial

"Pictionary" to get summer syndie tryout
« on: June 21, 2021, 03:28:56 PM »
https://deadline.com/2021/06/pictionary-game-show-jerry-oconnell-fox-1234778865/

As has been tradition in recent years, select Fox affiliates will be testing a show or two this summer to see if they are worthy for a full-season pickup.

This summer, it's a new version of "Pictionary," hosted by Jerry O'Connell, which will run for four weeks starting July 12.

Per Cara Casting, the show will consist of two teams, each consisting of two civilians and a celebrity, with a chance to "win a vacation, cash, prizes!!" (the casting director's words, not mine). Episodes are being taped this week.

JD

Bob Zager

Re: "Pictionary" to get summer syndie tryout
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2021, 03:38:50 PM »
IIRC. there was going to be a similar game, based on Draw Something (a popular app game).  Wonder if there was a lot of arm tugging over the similarities between the games.

byrd62

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2021, 02:39:17 PM »
And now, it's official, as Jerry and Pictionary will go to series next fall.

https://www.nexttv.com/news/pictionary-heads-to-fox-tv-stations-for-fall-2022

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2021, 04:47:39 PM »
IIRC. there was going to be a similar game, based on Draw Something (a popular app game).  Wonder if there was a lot of arm tugging over the similarities between the games.

Considering most people who played Draw Something thought it was called “Write the Name of Something” I don’t know if that would’ve made for a big controversy. 🙂

(I’ll admit I did that a few times but at least I tried to draw the damn pic…)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2021, 04:57:13 PM »
Considering most people who played Draw Something thought it was called “Write the Name of Something” I don’t know if that would’ve made for a big controversy. 🙂

This was an improvement over the exciting variant of "Everything's A Penis."
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2021, 06:51:53 PM »

I was a fan of "Ignore Hitler" for a time. And some innocuous bloopers would(n't) hurt.
/still am.

BillCullen1

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2021, 10:49:35 AM »
And now, it's official, as Jerry and Pictionary will go to series next fall.

https://www.nexttv.com/news/pictionary-heads-to-fox-tv-stations-for-fall-2022

I can see some markets pairing it up with 25 WOL since it's the same company producing both.

calliaume

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2021, 06:24:51 PM »
I can see some markets pairing it up with 25 WOL since it's the same company producing both.
I would be interested to see if there will be any rule against Pictionary airing at the same time as The Talk in individual markets. The press releases don't mention O'Connell's presence on that show.

Here's the big question: does this supplement 25 Words or Less and You Bet Your Life, or is this a replacement for one of them (more likely YBYL)? The latter has been steady at 0.7 for about the last six weeks or so.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2021, 09:40:12 PM »

I was a fan of "Ignore Hitler" for a time. And some innocuous bloopers would(n't) hurt.
/still am.

Geez, I missed out.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022