The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Legacybox for Tape Conversions

(1/2) > >>

tvmitch:
Legacybox is running a sale for $9 VHS conversions (looks like they want a minimum of 10 tapes).

This is a price point where I would consider having them do the conversion for a few game show trade tapes I've been meaning to convert, but I don't have the time.

Has anyone here used Legacybox for this type of conversion? I am wondering if they would convert game show tapes. Their FAQ is wishy-washy.

Matt Ottinger:

--- Quote from: tvmitch on November 06, 2021, 08:35:00 PM ---I am wondering if they would convert game show tapes. Their FAQ is wishy-washy.
--- End quote ---

"When you submit your items to us, you are indicating that you are not acting in violation of any copyright laws by having the work duplicated and/or that you have obtained permission from the copyright holder to have it digitized."

This is their "out".  They're saying they will absolutely convert whatever tapes you send them, and in the preposterously unlikely event that anybody a) finds out and b) has an issue with it, well they told YOU to go get permission, so this is YOUR problem, isn't it?

They can't say on their website, "We'll convert whatever you've got, don't worry about copyright."  This is their way of saying they'll do it without actually saying they'll do it.

BrandonFG:
Might be time to find those tapes in my old bedroom. There's a ton of random 90s stuff I'd love to find again.

NickintheATL:
I am very skeptical of services like this. Here is my evidence to back this up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSj3RbdhjzA

Blanquepage:
I would suggest just investing in a ClearClick digital video converter, especially for digitizing a large number of tapes.
https://www.amazon.com/ClearClick-Converter-2-0-Second-Generation/dp/B07V9JNRZY/

I've been using this for several months now and can easily get through a couple tapes per day.
It's super nifty to just press record, step out for brunch, and then later separate the episodes with an MP4 Splitter. Which is obviously my plan for today ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version