Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPiR Reveal Ques.  (Read 2761 times)

ET206

TPiR Reveal Ques.
« on: October 30, 2021, 03:24:21 AM »
I know the Race Game Curtain and the Giant Price Tag, but what is the name of the smaller fly away reveal?

Steve Gavazzi

Re: TPiR Reveal Ques.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2021, 04:28:44 AM »
You mean the one with the dollar sign on it that's in front of Door #1?

It's legit called "the Dollar Sign."

nowhammies10

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2021, 12:02:02 AM »
^To that end, Steve, ISTR the "splitting" reveal by door 3 is called "the Reveal". Am I remembering that correctly?

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2021, 01:56:50 PM »
I've seen it called both "the Reveal" and "the Split."  A question for Scott, maybe?  (I always use the former, for whatever that's worth.)

Since we're doing this, does anyone know the thing with the spinny half-wall they used to use for IUFBs?  It was the same concept as the prize coves from Golden Road, but much smaller.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2021, 02:15:15 PM »
I've seen it called both "the Reveal" and "the Split."  A question for Scott, maybe?

I'm no help on this one. I know it's something mundane and straightforward like one of those two names, but because it's so straightforward, I never retained the specific terminology.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2021, 05:14:56 PM »
There's "the clam" which is a cylinder big enough for a model to fit inside and which opens like a clam shell.

There's "the basket" which flies in and comes to rest in the middle and slightly upstage of contestant's row. It usually contains jewelry.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2021, 02:33:14 AM »
You mean the one with the dollar sign on it that's in front of Door #1]
I've been trying to picture this one in my head for over a week.  All the others sound familiar, except for this one.  Would someone be so kind as to share a screengrab or link to a video?  Thank you in advance!
--Mark
Phil 4:13

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2021, 04:05:57 AM »
Here's the dollar sign in action.

Eventually they changed it so they could switch between a variety of different flats. I presume that every flat depicted a dollar sign because, after all, the reveal was called the "dollar sign."

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2021, 01:19:24 PM »
a variety of different flats.

That last one is actually the only one they've used for several years now...and I want to say whatever came before it was being used exclusively, too.