The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

closest finish you've seen on a game show?

(1/3) > >>

danderson:
Two of them i saw live...The Jeopardy Million Dollar Masters Tournament where Brad Rutter won by 1 dollar, or on American Gladiators, Marc Ortega vs. Joseph Mauro in the Eliminator that ended the 1992 Grand Championship. Ortega overcame Mauro's four-second head start to win in a photo finish (0.02 seconds ahead) that became the show's defining moment.

Kniwt:
The Cube, by its very nature, has an abundance of close finishes, in the milliseconds.

And likewise, Escape Perfecto (MX) frequently has photo-finishes where the government-provided SECGOB supervisor has to rule whether the contestant got out in time and did so in accordance with the rules (which, it seems, are many).

Just the first two that come to mind.

parliboy:

--- Quote from: danderson on October 20, 2021, 09:54:10 AM ---Two of them i saw live...The Jeopardy Million Dollar Masters Tournament where Brad Rutter won by 1 dollar, or on American Gladiators, Marc Ortega vs. Joseph Mauro in the Eliminator that ended the 1992 Grand Championship. Ortega overcame Mauro's four-second head start to win in a photo finish (0.02 seconds ahead) that became the show's defining moment.

--- End quote ---

I don't think one dollar wins on Jeopardy are close in the sense that really qualifies, since they tend to be engineered by the rules of the last question.  The American Gladiators finish you mention though?  Definitely up there.

Fedya:
It could just as well go in the Video Clips section, but this Countdown Grand Final has everything you could ask for, including a close finish:

BrandonFG:
on $ale.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version