Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Newlywed Game coming to Buzzr?  (Read 34857 times)

TimK2003

Re: Newlywed Game coming to Buzzr?
« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2022, 05:57:57 PM »
I thought at least one of the TNG promos I saw today did not have the "over the air & cable only" disclaimer anymore.

That and the morning episode ran on Pluto TV.

chargeradiocom

« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2022, 10:36:52 PM »
I wondered if there might be some kind of delay in the deal where they couldn’t stream it right away but would be able to do so in the new year. Not sure why they would structure this particular deal that way, but sometimes streaming is delayed in broadcast contracts.

Anyway, I’m not a huge fan of TNG myself, but am pleased that BUZZR has scaled yet another wall that was once thought unconquerable. Now, hoping to see Wheel and J! not too far behind.

Bryce L.

« Reply #107 on: January 03, 2022, 10:53:42 PM »
Now, hoping to see Wheel and J! not too far behind.
Not to be a negative Nellie, but I'll be absolutely shocked if either of those show up while they're still in first-run.

SuperMatch93

« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2022, 12:22:24 AM »
Not to be a negative Nellie, but I'll be absolutely shocked if either of those show up while they're still in first-run.

Agreed, I'd go so far as to say it's more likely that we'll see a dedicated Pluto channel for them than to see them on Buzzr.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

chargeradiocom

« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2022, 12:41:09 AM »

Agreed, I'd go so far as to say it's more likely that we'll see a dedicated Pluto channel for them than to see them on Buzzr.
You may both be right. But then again, BUZZR has pulled off some tricks that had previously been thought next to impossible. Personally, I think it’s best to take a “never say never” approach when it comes to BUZZR.

As for a dedicated Sony classics channel—Sure, it could happen. But I tend to think that if they had much of an appetite to do that, they’d have done it already instead of putting resources into Game Show Central or Escape Perfecto. They may feel there’s more money in leasing to a willing partner at this point. Of course, I’ll grant you that they could make an announcement for a Sony Classic Games channel tomorrow.

daveromanjr

« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2022, 09:34:44 AM »
I hate to be a complainer (but it's not going to stop me from doing so right now) but I was kind of enjoying Dawson's Feud on the streaming platforms when TNG was airing OTA.  I can't get into TNG and it just seems odd to me that Buzzr has no Feud during any daylight hours.