Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Newlywed Game coming to Buzzr?  (Read 34336 times)

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Re: Newlywed Game coming to Buzzr?
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2021, 08:34:05 PM »
I didn't watch the show carefully enough to know the answer to this: what would happen if, after Bob posed a question such as this, the first spouse queried not only knew what the term meant but explained it in the course of giving their predicted answer? (Probably he'd been directed in advance, "Start the questioning with Couple #3, because they're idiots.")

My own observation would suggest your first scenario of a contestant explaining the question in their answer would be impossibly rare to begin with. A typical player response: "I'd say spaghetti, because she's always making it," not "I'd say linguine because that is a type of noodle, which is what you asked me." That, and I've seen these types of questions where the first spouse or two understood it, and the third or fourth would still give a nonsensical answer confidently.

Beyond that, I think the show knows/knew the risks of asking those questions to begin with, which still play legitimately when everybody understands them. But even if the first half of each couple understood, they always had a chance the contestants in isolation could find their gold.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Allstar87

« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2021, 09:35:31 PM »
I’m guessing either that, or Dawson Feud, which seems to be their go-to streaming filler as of late.

You called it; Dawson Feud is on the stream right now.

Episode is Gilich/Morris, #80-152, for those who keep track of that.

Bryce L.

« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2021, 12:39:53 AM »
I’m guessing either that, or Dawson Feud, which seems to be their go-to streaming filler as of late.

And at 12:30, we got Morris/Picciano, #80-153.

Bryce L.

« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2021, 11:03:08 AM »
11:00am, Morris/Bazil, #80-154

chargeradiocom

« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2021, 11:51:22 AM »

I’m wondering if they’re also using the TNG/FF time slot to experiment a bit with the order of episodes shown. The Plex guide, which shows episode numbers, is still saying TNG (presumably they will fix that eventually if TNG isn’t going to stream anytime soon), but it’s showing a different episode in nearly every time slot. For the 11AM slot, it said TNG was already up to S2-Ep 6. (I’m not in a BUZZR OTA market so I can’t confirm if that’s what they actually showed, but that’s what the guide is saying.)

Also curious, which Feud episode ran on the stream at 7:30 this morning?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 02:44:14 PM by chargeradiocom »

Bryce L.

« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2021, 12:45:27 PM »

I’m wondering if they’re also using the TNG/FF time slot to experiment a bit with the order of episodes shown. The Plex guide, which shows episode numbers, is still saying TNG (presumably they will fix that eventually if TNG isn’t going to stream anytime soon), but it’s showing a different episode in each time slot. For the 11AM slot, it said TNG was already up to S2-Ep 6. (I’m not in a BUZZR OTA market so I can’t confirm if that’s what they actually showed, but that’s what the guide is saying.)

Also curious, which Feud episode ran on the stream at 7:30 this morning?
7:30 was 80-152 once again.

gamed121683

« Reply #96 on: November 18, 2021, 05:20:25 PM »
Just curious, How does Buzzr have the Newlywed Game episode #'s labeled on their schedule on what was the one aired on 11/15? For example, episodes of Dawson's Feud are labeled as 81-033, 81-034, and so forth.

snowpeck

« Reply #97 on: November 18, 2021, 05:28:13 PM »
Just curious, How does Buzzr have the Newlywed Game episode #'s labeled on their schedule on what was the one aired on 11/15? For example, episodes of Dawson's Feud are labeled as 81-033, 81-034, and so forth.

The 11/15 one was "The Newlywed Game 2_2021," meaning the 21st episode of season 2. Season 1 was the one with Gary Kroeger.

The primetime run started with 2_2021 while the morning run started with 2_2001, the first episode produced for the season.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

aaron sica

« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2021, 04:20:04 PM »
Whether it’s an error or not, I don’t know, but currently TNG is on the streaming BUZZR.

snowpeck

« Reply #99 on: December 13, 2021, 11:32:13 AM »
Whether it’s an error or not, I don’t know, but currently TNG is on the streaming BUZZR.
Must have been an error, we're back to Feud today.
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

bwood

« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2021, 09:49:03 PM »
Newlywed Game running on Pluto Buzzr again right now. Wasn't paying attention and realized it was actually on there.

chargeradiocom

« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2021, 12:44:44 AM »
Newlywed Game running on Pluto Buzzr again right now. Wasn't paying attention and realized it was actually on there.
It’s also playing on the repeat.

bwood

« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2021, 09:58:51 PM »
Chalk it up to another accidental airing. Back to the Feud tonight on Pluto feed.

snowpeck

« Reply #103 on: January 03, 2022, 04:22:56 AM »
Buzzr must have worked something out with Sony. According to the description on this YouTube video they posted, starting today, Newlywed Game will be on streaming too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dhGfvfG06Y

aaron sica

« Reply #104 on: January 03, 2022, 11:04:59 AM »
Can verify it's on the streaming feed as of right now.