Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Newlywed Game coming to Buzzr?  (Read 34364 times)

BrandonFG

Re: Newlywed Game coming to Buzzr?
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2021, 06:10:52 PM »
Oh, it's Newlywed Game?  Yawn.
3/10. You’re not even trying anymore.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2021, 07:38:20 PM »
I for one am pleased to see Newlywed Game confirmed as a new BUZZR entry. In fact, I'd developed an quite appreciation for it as I digitized more and more episodes from my old GSN-addict VHS stockpiles. Just 331 more eps to go! Oi. Anyhow, I'd be surprised if they only air the 90's version. Seems like folks are jumping to that conclusion based off the screengrab. Double oi.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2021, 08:20:55 PM »
I would have preferred Celebrity Sweepstakes but I'm not surprised it turned out to be Newlywed Game.  Hopefully they'll show some of the '70s episodes, which I think we among the better ones.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

gamed121683

« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2021, 08:37:14 PM »
While I’m happy to hear that the “Sony would never allow Buzzr to air their content” rumor is officially put to bed, I just remembered that Game TV in Canada has aired reruns of Eubanks’ version from the ‘90s in the past along with Jim Caldwell’s “Tic Tac Dough”, “Bumper Stumpers”, and Dick Clark’s “$100,000 Pyramid”. Maybe Buzzr took a page from their playbook?

Sodboy13

« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2021, 09:00:01 PM »
I mean, if that's the package Sony is offering and the numbers work, I'd take it.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2021, 09:20:57 PM »
Newsflash- the 90s Eubanks version is more than 20 years ago. That’s the equivalent of running Match Game ‘78 in 2000.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

TimK2003

« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2021, 11:36:32 PM »
I would have preferred Celebrity Sweepstakes but I'm not surprised it turned out to be Newlywed Game.  Hopefully they'll show some of the '70s episodes, which I think we among the better ones.

Agreed.  The 90's version was somewhat enjoyable the first time around for a bit, but after a while it felt like it was missing the spark that made the 60s-earlier 80s versions far superior. 

IMOH, I felt Bob was just going through the motions  in the 90s version in the same way Pat has phoned it on Wheel in the last umpteen years.

Blanquepage

« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2021, 09:09:24 AM »
Just saw a blurb on during Concentration, the evening airing of Eubanks' CS is indeed just keeping the seat warm for it. 9:30pm.

knagl

• Executive Producer
« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2021, 01:11:41 PM »
From the social post: “ The Newlywed Game is heading to BUZZR over the air and on cable starting November 15th.”

I’m wondering if this wording means they don’t have the rights to run it on the streaming feed, only OTA/cable.

I suspect you're correct based on their post today. Digital (online streaming) rights are complicated.

catnap1972

« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2021, 01:36:40 PM »
So 30 minute test pattern for those of us watching via stream?

snowpeck

« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2021, 01:53:19 PM »
They'll plug in another show. I remember for a short time, some of the streaming services were getting Classic Concentration instead of LMAD.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2021, 01:54:05 PM »

Right? I'd find that super surprising, but I suppose we will find out. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Blanquepage

« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2021, 01:55:56 PM »
Probably what's currently in those slots now will just remain where they are for the stream.

chargeradiocom

« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2021, 01:58:57 PM »
They'll plug in another show. I remember for a short time, some of the streaming services were getting Classic Concentration instead of LMAD.
I thought about LMAD being temporarily held up for streaming also. After a week or two, IIRC, LMAD finally joined the schedule for streamers. So maybe this is a temporary holdup & streamers will eventually be able to see TNG as well.

But then again, I don’t remember them ever specifying OTA & cable in LMAD’s promos.   :-\

gamed121683

« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2021, 03:16:02 PM »
So for those that only have access to the streaming version of the channel, I guess our only hope is for a generous YouTuber out there that will post some of the episodes on their channel, huh?