Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Newlywed Game coming to Buzzr?  (Read 34335 times)

bwood

Newlywed Game coming to Buzzr?
« on: October 13, 2021, 03:24:16 PM »
Just got an email from Buzzr with a graphic that a "Big Announcement" is coming soon. The background was light blue with white lattice. Only thing that comes to mind is the Newlywed Game but being a Sony property you would have to wonder. I don't know what else it could be though? I have no clue how to post a snapshot of it on here though.

Ryanmo97

Re: Newlywed Game coming to Buzzr?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 03:27:00 PM »
LOL! I was trying to figure out how to do the same thing! I don't know what else it could be. This could be a big get for Buzzr.

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 03:30:25 PM »
Yep, right there with you on that bet. Another series from the old survey! Also betting that's why Bob's Card Sharks got another slot in the morning so NG can slide into the evening airing. Just a guess. If this pans out, how exciting that we'd have the first Sony library product!
https://imgur.com/a/KxvOPQg
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 03:45:28 PM by Blanquepage »

joshg

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 03:51:04 PM »
No "Celebrity Sweepstakes" then I guess? :)
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

Blanquepage

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2021, 03:59:56 PM »
No "Celebrity Sweepstakes" then I guess? :)
Oh crap...you're right! It could also be, that was behind the contestants.

tvmitch

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2021, 04:31:04 PM »
If anyone has this email, I'd be interested in seeing a screenshot. I am late to the Buzzr emails party. Thanks in advance!
You should follow me on Twitter

weaklink75

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2021, 04:45:44 PM »
I actually wouldn’t be surprised if it is Newlywed Game- Sony may not consider Buzzr direct competition, and it benefits both parties (Sony gets some use out of their library that they may not be using, and Buzzr gets more programming)

tpirfan28

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2021, 04:56:13 PM »
There is a link with Burt Sugarman between Celebrity Sweepstakes and Whew…
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

snowpeck

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2021, 05:00:13 PM »
There is a link with Burt Sugarman between Celebrity Sweepstakes and Whew…
The biggest link, though, is that Wink Martindale/Winc. has been trying to sell both shows.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

bwood

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2021, 05:16:07 PM »
I wish I could post it on here. It screams Newlywed Game. The color is absolutely identical and the way it looks is exactly like the area behind Bob.

It doesn't say Celebrity Sweepstakes to me but I could be wrong. If they were doing that show you think they would go a different route for a hint.
Also, I thought it was greenish behind the lattice on that show?

Blanquepage

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2021, 05:25:52 PM »
I wish I could post it on here. It screams Newlywed Game. The color is absolutely identical and the way it looks is exactly like the area behind Bob.

I thought it was greenish behind the lattice on that show?
The greenish stuff was added later in the run, but the wall behind the lattice itself appears to have been the same blue color.
And I also agree with you that's it's more likely Newlywed Game, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

knagl

• Executive Producer
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2021, 06:13:59 PM »
Here's the image that Blanquepage linked to:

snowpeck

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2021, 06:15:29 PM »
I just can't see Newlywed Game being the first Sony show Buzzr would go after. Given that both Whew and Celebrity Sweepstakes are being represented by Winc. now, my money is on that.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

BillCullen1

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2021, 06:16:33 PM »
So if this is true, we may someday hear "in the butt" on Buzzr :)

If it had to be a Barris show, I personally wish it had been Treasure Hunt. But it does look like the NG set.

bwood

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2021, 06:27:04 PM »
Honestly another reason I'm banking on TNG is the fact that Celebrity Sweepstakes is such a niche show that not many people remember outside of our group of Game Show Fans. I know the same argument goes for Whew! but I feel they added that to satisfy our core group of hard-core fans and was looking for their next acquisition to have a more broad appeal. TNG would be a huge acquisition. I'm not a huge fan of it but I understand the recognition it gets as a classic that most average people remember. However, I understand there is also promotional power with Celebrity Sweepstakes the same way with Whew! as it has not been seen in years. Something just tells me they are looking for the next show they get outside of their core library to be a big one and TNG would be big.
I'm just happy we have this channel and the lengths they are going to appeal to us and the general public. They truly seem like a class act operation.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 06:59:57 PM by bwood »