The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Stages/Theaters named after GS personalities

<< < (2/3) > >>

Bob Zager:

--- Quote from: chris319 on October 10, 2021, 06:22:10 PM ---Where is the Ralph Edwards studio?

--- End quote ---

Unless it was like the "Chuck Barris Stages," which may not have been an official name; I'd heard in Wink Martindale's 1987 "Game Show Biz," special that the studio used for that year's revival of T or C, was "renamed the Ralph Edwards Theater."  I believe it was Metromedia studios in Hollywood.

Chief-O:

--- Quote from: Bob Zager on October 11, 2021, 01:35:43 PM ---
--- Quote from: chris319 on October 10, 2021, 06:22:10 PM ---Where is the Ralph Edwards studio?

--- End quote ---

I'd heard in Wink Martindale's 1987 "Game Show Biz," special that the studio used for that year's revival of T or C, was "renamed the Ralph Edwards Theater."  I believe it was Metromedia studios in Hollywood.

--- End quote ---

Those shows were next door at KTLA. I've seen ; they had an outdoor segment, and the KTLA tower was noticeable.

If any studio deserved to be named after Ralph Edwards, it was Metromedia; at least 2 other versions of TorC, "Cross-Wits", NTT, and (I believe) "People's Court" were all done there.

/and I just remembered "So You Think You Got Troubles"

calliaume:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on September 28, 2021, 01:40:51 PM ---The Chuck Barris Stages, but I doubt those were official.

--- End quote ---
I really doubt it. The syndicated late 1970s Newlywed Game and Dating Game were taped at Golden West, which was owned by Gene and Jackie Autry.

chris319:
There was the Steve Allen Playhouse at 1228 Vine Street in Hollywood, near the Hollywood Ranch Market. People Are Funny was filmed there, and later the Steve Allen Show was taped there for Westinghouse. The interior was gutted by fire in 1990.

wdm1219inpenna:
Sadly there exists no current venue that could be named after Bill Cullen.

I always liked the sound of "The Bill Cullen Theatre"...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version