Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tic Tac Tom Bergeron???  (Read 5744 times)

colonial

Re: Tic Tac Tom Bergeron???
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2021, 02:10:19 PM »
https://deadline.com/2021/09/tom-bergeron-tic-tac-dough-nbcuniversal-harry-friedman-1234840831/

Deadline says it is a new TTD with Harry Friedman and Village Roadshow TV serving as EPs.

JD

BrandonFG

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2021, 03:02:22 PM »
Harry Friedman as EP is highly encouraging for me. This sounds like it'll be fun.

Cool color photo from the 50s era.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

JMFabiano

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2021, 05:32:28 PM »
Harry Friedman as EP is highly encouraging for me. This sounds like it'll be fun.

Jeopardy Friedman and not Wheel Friedman, please! 
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

BrandonFG

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2021, 05:54:20 PM »

Jeopardy Friedman and not Wheel Friedman, please!
Okay, this is the third time I've seen this complaint in as many days, and I honestly don't understand. Because the show doesn't force a reference to the NBC years every other day, Friedman sucks?

I admit the show's been on cruise control for years, and is a rare example of a program being too much "game" and not enough "show" to break up the monotony, but it's not like he made it completely unwatchable. It's still people spinning a wheel and guessing letters in a puzzle, it's still a Top 3-5 show, and the times I've watched I liked some of the gimmicks (the Express space, the Crossword round, the old Jackpot space). So, yes, I'll take "Wheel Friedman" on TTD.

The shopping era's not coming back, folks.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

tvwxman

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2021, 07:09:02 PM »
Harry Friedman has produced game shows for years. Decades. I'll take Harry Friedman any day of the week and twice on Tuesday's over many of the current crop of producers.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Bob Zager

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2021, 03:04:41 PM »

Yeah, cool photo!  Over at buzzerblog.com, they show a b/w pic, with Bill Wendell hosting:

https://www.buzzerblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/tictacdough1-1.jpg

SuperMatch93

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2021, 11:58:45 AM »
I didn't realize this 'til now, but good on Don Howard for calling this back in 2004;)

If they're stretching it out to an hour, maybe do two games with two contestants each, a playoff game between each winner, and then a bonus round?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 05:40:22 PM by SuperMatch93 »
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2021, 01:51:48 PM »
I didn't realize this 'til now, but good on Don for calling this back in 2004;)

If they're stretching it out to an hour, maybe do two games with two contestants each, a playoff game between each winner, and then a bonus round?
Sometimes what seems could never happen happens.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.