Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tic Tac Tom Bergeron???  (Read 5743 times)

TimK2003

Tic Tac Tom Bergeron???
« on: September 20, 2021, 10:21:23 AM »
https://heavy.com/entertainment/dancing-with-the-stars/tom-bergeron-hosting-game-show/

The last time Tom said he was hosting a game show reminiscent of one he did before, it was the online Hollywood Squares.

This time he confirms its for NBC... and a Tic Tac Dough revival is on the Peacock's radar....

tyshaun1

Re: Tic Tac Tom Bergeron???
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 11:27:17 AM »
He also mentions that Harry Friedman is involved, which would make me think it has something to do with Hollywood Squares.... maybe The New New Battlestars?

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 11:43:23 AM »
maybe The New New Battlestars?

Wouldn't overthink this one - about six months ago NBC was shopping around the idea of reboots of Tic Tac Dough and Concentration.  This is probably the former.
http://www.gameshowforum.org/index.php/topic,32971

BillCullen1

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 11:47:47 AM »
I'm hoping the show gets picked up. It would be good to see Tom and TTD back on TV again.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 12:02:56 PM by BillCullen1 »

Kevin Prather

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2021, 11:58:13 AM »
Good to see the other networks jumping on the classic game show reboot bandwagon too.

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2021, 01:50:00 PM »
So the question: does NBC give up an hour of “Today” or cancel/move “Days of our Lives” to Peacock? I believe they brought back the Marlena is the Devil storyline, which makes me think this is a last ditch effort to boost ratings.

Maybe move Hoda and Jen to 9 am EST?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

JMFabiano

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2021, 02:22:38 PM »
So the question: does NBC give up an hour of “Today” or cancel/move “Days of our Lives” to Peacock? I believe they brought back the Marlena is the Devil storyline, which makes me think this is a last ditch effort to boost ratings.

Maybe move Hoda and Jen to 9 am EST?

Do we know it's daytime?
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

Sodboy13

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2021, 02:44:44 PM »
I believe the promo flyer posted here previously had it as a self-contained 60-minute show, with an elongated bonus game that brought to mind an attempt to copy what's been done to Press Your Luck. So I would guess primetime, and the prospect of stretching the endgame to all get-out combined with the standard NBC game show production tics doesn't exactly have me quivering in anticipation for this one.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

BrandonFG

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2021, 02:54:22 PM »
I could’ve sworn TTD was being pitched alongside Concentration. I could be wrong but I doubt they do an hour with those two shows in prime time. If it’s syndication, I would think we’d see NBC Universal somewhere.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

colonial

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2021, 03:30:37 PM »
Days was renewed for two seasons not too long ago -- it's the first time in a while that NBC gave the soap a more-than-one season renewal. But there was a "Beyond Salem" miniseries that premiered on Peacock earlier this month -- certainly possible that NBC might consider moving "Days" to Peacock-exclusive if streaming numbers for the miniseries are strong.

Can't see NBC canceling or moving any "Today" hours -- I presume the brand still commands good ad money per 30-second spot, although that number is likely down given COVID.

Neumms

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2021, 03:48:56 PM »
It's hard to imagine Tic Tac Dough working these days as a once-a-week self-contained show. The most exciting parts were strings of tie games and when a champion would get on a roll. The game itself can be monotonous.

Maybe that and Concentration are a daily block syndicated by NBC.

weaklink75

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2021, 04:10:10 PM »
NBC is also working on a Password revival, and I think it’s more likely that (Jimmy Fallon’s company is involved, he plays it a ton on the Tonight Show, and the article said that “another NBC show called and asked if he (Tom) could do a cameo”). Password works as a primetime show too  (without the MDP rules- have teams play to 100 (or time limit), switch partners at 50 (maybe you can do a Cashword bonus first), bonus can be for like $50k (2 steps- 10 words in 60 seconds for $1k each, then 3 harder words in 30 seconds to multiply it by 5)

Sodboy13

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2021, 06:25:03 PM »
I could’ve sworn TTD was being pitched alongside Concentration. I could be wrong but I doubt they do an hour with those two shows in prime time. If it’s syndication, I would think we’d see NBC Universal somewhere.

Here are the flyers. They're pitched as individual, 60-minute shows. https://twitter.com/buzzerblog/status/1381113042361069568?s=19
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2021, 07:47:10 PM »

Here are the flyers. They're pitched as individual, 60-minute shows. https://twitter.com/buzzerblog/status/1381113042361069568?s=19
Yeah, they were just side by side in the NBC guide, which would could definitely be misconstrued as them being sold together as a package.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

TimK2003

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2021, 08:25:53 PM »
I'm hoping the show gets picked up. It would be good to see Tom and TTD back on TV again.

If Tom is saying he IS going to host a game show. Then I believe the show is a done deal.

Then again, if it's similar to a show he hosted in the past, it could be the all new Dance Fever.