The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

80 years of Game Shows book now available

<< < (2/3) > >>

clemon79:

Bob Zager:

--- Quote from: Robair on September 15, 2021, 01:26:51 AM ---Calling it a "book" seems sort of generous. This is merely one of those "newsstand specials" put out by Bauer Media, the makers of Closer and Woman's World magazines. Something like this is called a "flat" since it carries no advertising pages. Don't expect anything authoritative or exhaustive here, best you can hope for is some great rare pics.

--- End quote ---

Sorry, I should've been a little more careful, but I thought with the item being listed under "books," and as "paperback," at amazon.com it would've been more like that.  I'll do better next time. 

Robair:

--- Quote from: Robair on September 15, 2021, 01:26:51 AM ---Don't expect anything authoritative or exhaustive here

--- End quote ---
Its one thing to misidentify Anitra Ford as Janice Pennington...quite another to present another pic of the show from August 26, 1972 (?) when an off screen voice read the prices (??) to determine the winner of the showcase showdown (???).

Kniwt:

--- Quote from: Bob Zager on September 14, 2021, 06:54:25 PM ---The one shown has the late Alex Trebek pictured, but a close source told me there is at least one other cover, featuring Bob Barker.

--- End quote ---

Also saw a Peter Marshall cover in the magazine rack today. Didn't buy.

ET206:
I bought the one with the Barker cover.  In the section about TPiR the publisher makes the common mistake of calling the Showcases the Showcase Showdown.  I've not read every chapter yet, but I doubt I'll learn anything I don't already know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version