Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr Lost and Found 2021  (Read 20516 times)

Otm Shank

Re: Buzzr Lost and Found 2021
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2021, 11:59:18 PM »
With all the Lost and Found stuff BUZZR's aired over the years, you start to wonder what they could possibly have left for future marathons.  Hopefully there's more goodies to come in the future!

I have two 16mm films that would be valid Lost & Found choices.  (Many of us have the video for one of them.)

I have often thought about that it would be really cool if our crowdsourced film was a Lost & Found episode.

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2021, 12:15:04 AM »
With all the Lost and Found stuff BUZZR's aired over the years, you start to wonder what they could possibly have left for future marathons.  Hopefully there's more goodies to come in the future!

I have two 16mm films that would be valid Lost & Found choices.  (Many of us have the video for one of them.)

I have often thought about that it would be really cool if our crowdsourced film was a Lost & Found episode.
As have I! In fact I've been holding that Betty White ABC Password relic, still sealed in the film can in which I received it.
I even emailed the forthcoming Archives of Game Show History with expressed intention to donate it months ago, and got no response.  :-\
And for the record, I'm not entirely sure how it made it into the Betty White Pet Set as a bonus. I assumed that someone found a way to send a dub to Betty and her management team and they decided to include it.

thomas_meighan

« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2021, 01:28:44 AM »
Throwing out ideas on rare/short-lived G-T material that might be good for future Lost & Found series—

*Any of the 1963-65 “Match Game” kinescopes known to exist at the Library of Congress
*The color “Match Game” from June 1969 with Peggy Cass and Tony Randall (Paley collection)
*Several “Password” possibilities: UCLA has a kinescope of the 9-15-1965 daytime episode with the Smothers Brothers playing; the two color tapes from 1971-72; and there’s also a B&W copy of the 9-28-1973 episode at UCLA, which was preserved in 2005
*The “Celebrity Match Mates” pilot hosted by Gene Rayburn from January 1973 (if a copy exists)
*The “Mind Readers” pilot hosted by Jack Clark from December 1975, unrelated to the ‘79 series (if a copy exists)
*Anything from the 1976 “I’ve Got a Secret”
*Any of the 1985 “Now You See It” pilots

BillCullen1

« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2021, 08:27:27 AM »
Throwing out ideas on rare/short-lived G-T material that might be good for future Lost & Found series—

*Several “Password” possibilities:
*Anything from the 1976 “I’ve Got a Secret”

Password All Stars would be good. I know the '76 IGAS with Rodney Dangerfield is on YouTube. I don't recall if Buzzr ever aired Spell Binders. If not, that's a possibility.

Bryce L.

« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2021, 08:35:46 AM »
I don't recall if Buzzr ever aired Spell Binders.
It hasn't.

Casey Buck

« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2021, 12:09:29 AM »
How about Time Machine? It never aired in reruns, and it's a Grundy show.

TonicBH

« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2021, 04:31:45 AM »
I know most of us would find it boring since we've seen it before, but it'd be nice for Buzzr to consider the short-lived revivals of some of the classic shows on a future Lost and Found: Blockbusters '87, Match Game '90...

But most importantly: An episode of Now You See It 1989. Just to finally shut up the "Chuck Henry blocked them" naysayers.
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.

tvwxman

« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2021, 08:06:02 AM »
First off, Thank you Bryce for the upload.

What a nice treat to see another Showoffs. I've always been a huge fan of Bobby Van, and seeing him do a G/T show showed me just how underrated of a host I think he is, and I absolutely think he could have had a nice career had he not died 6 years later.

Loved the show - flaws in the format and all.

What's the status on Showoffs? Destroyed? Anyone know why? And what theater was that taped at ?
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Chief-O

• Speaks digi-talk
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2021, 10:45:35 AM »
And what theater was that taped at ?

ABC Prospect; I believe studio 54 (LMAD's/Feud's studio).

JMFabiano

« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2021, 05:52:19 PM »
I know most of us would find it boring since we've seen it before, but it'd be nice for Buzzr to consider the short-lived revivals of some of the classic shows on a future Lost and Found: Blockbusters '87, Match Game '90...

But most importantly: An episode of Now You See It 1989. Just to finally shut up the "Chuck Henry blocked them" naysayers.

Aha! 

With Scrabble and (anything that's not Whew! that isn't owned by Fremantle) usually being mentioned, NYSI89 sometimes gets lost in the shuffle of remaining shows Buzzr could open the Forbidden Door for.

MG/HS proved the Rayburn Embargo stories wrong, I too would love to see that other embargo legend disproven similarly.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

SuperMatch93

« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2021, 06:33:34 PM »
MG/HS proved the Rayburn Embargo stories wrong, I too would love to see that other embargo legend disproven similarly.

It has been already; Adam Nedeff asked an old-school GSN employee who simply said that no one in programming was interested in showing it.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

JMFabiano

« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2021, 06:54:15 PM »

It has been already; Adam Nedeff asked an old-school GSN employee who simply said that no one in programming was interested in showing it.

Indeed.  But airing it would "officially" be proving it. 

(I also believe he was the first to confirm that Gene nor his estate was blocking MG/HS from reruns.  This was a while before Buzzr acquired it)
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.