Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr Lost and Found 2021  (Read 20519 times)

Clay Zambo

Re: Buzzr Lost and Found 2021
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2021, 11:05:51 PM »
For those of us who are BUZZR-less, I hope somebody's recording these :)
As long as my internet holds out... :)

Thank you! *crosses fingers for your internet*
czambo@mac.com

calliaume

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2021, 08:17:00 AM »
On another note, it looks like Showoffs had switched the main game back to the best-two-out-of-three format, which is how it started.

I understand the logic--the first-to-seven format (e.g. the second one) probably generated a lot of ties and might have played with the budget a bit (since it usually only took two rounds to get to seven words, meaning more end game plays per week). It also didn't solve the biggest issue of the main game: watching five or six words acted out, and then watching the other team act out the same five or six words 90 seconds later isn't all that interesting. But for regular viewers, it had to be a little disconcerting.

Robair

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2021, 03:28:16 PM »
For those of us who are BUZZR-less, I hope somebody's recording these :)
Remember, last year Buzzr posted the full episodes on YouTube for a limited time after they were shown. Dunno if that's the plan this year as well.
--Robair

Bryce L.

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2021, 08:10:30 PM »
Got everything recorded, uploading the file to Google Drive now. This might take a while.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2021, 09:27:51 PM »
Got everything recorded, uploading the file to Google Drive now. This might take a while.

Mwah.
czambo@mac.com

Bryce L.

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2021, 09:56:21 PM »

Mr. Matté

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2021, 10:24:13 PM »
The "2021 edits" I noticed during Showoffs occurred during the shortened rounds at the end where "Tomahawk" was the word. The first round had an awkward cut to the audience (which was either an original ABC edit or was a more intricate edit by Buzzr) while during the second round, about 3 seconds of play was just dumped out completely.

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2021, 12:48:02 AM »
Take Your Choice was rather cute. Not as fun as Two For The Money, but not terrible. And...Dick was clearly not sober during that Mindreaders pilot. Entirely understandable. ;D

catnap1972

« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2021, 10:40:43 AM »
Was the audience jury setup (Mindreaders) chopped down for the series (vs the run through) or it just the camera angle that makes it look that way?  Also noticed the back wall scoring displays were changed from 5 digits to what looked like 4 digits for the series.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 02:52:10 PM by catnap1972 »

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2021, 02:46:55 PM »
The Whew! pilot had the neat element of the lightning bolts continuing down to the floor and encircling the players. It’s too bad they abandoned that for the series; I wonder if tech limited them to being able to have those or the lights they added to the podia?
@lambertman

KWJCDon

« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2021, 04:14:00 PM »

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2021, 07:34:32 PM »
The Whew! pilot had the neat element of the lightning bolts continuing down to the floor and encircling the players. It’s too bad they abandoned that for the series; I wonder if tech limited them to being able to have those or the lights they added to the podia?

My guess was that the design was changed because the effect didn't really read when the cameras were at floor level. With the floor lights practically invisible most of the time, the result looked more like there was a random yellow column sticking up in front of each of the charging and blocking stations.

Mr. Matté

« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2021, 07:59:41 PM »
I kinda wished that the block countdown lights would have stayed. In the other episodes I've watched, I was always worried (me worrying about a game show that aired 11 years before I was born...) that Tom's/the audience's 4-3-2-1 shouting would take longer than 5 seconds, but checking the timing using my phone's timer countdown app, starting the 5 second countdown from the sound of the buzzer, it was always pretty close, even in the instances of Tom and the audience being out of sync.

I also checked the second ep's Gauntlet with the reversed call with a 65-second timer. It seems like the on-air clock ticked right away to 64 after the first bell and I had about one second left on my clock when their clock went to 0. I'm assuming that Buzzr doesn't do speed ups during the timed portion of the show.

Bryce L.

« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2021, 08:04:33 PM »
I also checked the second ep's Gauntlet with the reversed call with a 65-second timer. It seems like the on-air clock ticked right away to 64 after the first bell and I had about one second left on my clock when their clock went to 0. I'm assuming that Buzzr doesn't do speed ups during the timed portion of the show.
I've never seen Buzzr speed anything up, to be honest.