Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Two changes for WoF Season 39  (Read 16924 times)

Casey Buck

Two changes for WoF Season 39
« on: August 30, 2021, 10:37:38 PM »
The fairly biggie change: Pat will no longer make the Final Spin. Instead, the contestant who's in control will.

Also, solving all three Triple Toss-Ups is worth a total of $10K, though the individual ones are still worth $2K.

SuperMatch93

Re: Two changes for WoF Season 39
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 11:00:24 PM »
My guess is that the former is due to strength issues on Pat's part?

Maybe this will result in the $5k being hit more often.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2021, 11:58:20 PM »
That sort of depends on who wins the Toss Up Triad, right?
Travis L. Eberle

Kevin Prather

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2021, 02:20:37 AM »

And whether they are in the lead or not. I can see someone with a lead trying to avoid the $5000.

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2021, 09:00:11 AM »
My guess is that the former is due to strength issues on Pat's part?

After the COVID set modifications, there was at least one instance where he damn near fell over giving the final spin!

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2021, 10:26:35 AM »

And whether they are in the lead or not. I can see someone with a lead trying to avoid the $5000.
I remember Pat at one point saying that he could hit the $5,000 anytime he wanted to, and that always seemed like it posed a problem to me. How many of your final spins, then, are truly luck-based? If a contestant is way behind and has been kind of a poor sport, are you really trying to hit the big money?
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2021, 12:44:14 PM »
If a contestant is way behind and has been kind of a poor sport, are you really trying to hit the big money?

Part of being a host is not caring about things like that.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Bob Zager

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2021, 06:26:48 PM »
I seem to recall one time that Pat Sajak mentioned some viewers inquired why he wasn't always trying to hit the $5,000 spot on the wheel more often.  I believe he said he would just spin the wheel with just enough strength, and not try to make it look as though he was trying to help certain contestants win.

Sometimes, I think they should maybe bring back the $1,500 space in that round, (can't recall what season it was dropped), and maybe even keep the $2,500 and $3,500 wedges on the wheel during the entire show.  I'm sure prize budgets have something to do with that!

Neumms

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2021, 11:43:25 AM »
Sometimes, I think they should maybe bring back the $1,500 space in that round, (can't recall what season it was dropped), and maybe even keep the $2,500 and $3,500 wedges on the wheel during the entire show.  I'm sure prize budgets have something to do with that!

I'd much prefer this to upping the bonus round minimum.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2021, 05:23:05 PM »

And now that we're up to season 39, they're not gonna be able to keep raising the minimum much longer without introducing $60,000, $75,000, etc.

oaklandfan2kx

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2021, 06:35:29 PM »

And now that we're up to season 39, they're not gonna be able to keep raising the minimum much longer without introducing $60,000, $75,000, etc.

And Also $80,000 and $90,000!

dazztardly

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2021, 08:20:30 PM »
Having the player in-control handle the final spin, I don't know man. That mechanic could be weaponized to screw over your opponents.

-Dan

BrandonFG

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2021, 09:36:31 PM »
Having the player in-control handle the final spin, I don't know man. That mechanic could be weaponized to screw over your opponents.
I imagine they have a certain number of spaces the wheel must spin, but if I have a sizable but surmountable lead, I’m definitely using my muscle memory to avoid the 5K wedge best I can. It can be strategic.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Kevin Prather

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2021, 09:55:52 PM »
I imagine they have a certain number of spaces the wheel must spin, but if I have a sizable but surmountable lead, I’m definitely using my muscle memory to avoid the 5K wedge best I can. It can be strategic.

And when all the other spaces are within $400 of each other, the whole wheel consists of $5000 and Not-$5000, so that's all you have to do.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2021, 12:38:31 AM »

-Dan
CORRECT! If you want to control the amount of money in play, control the wheel. Win that third toss-up and spin to your advantage to either sock the game away or mount a comeback.
Travis L. Eberle