Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Two changes for WoF Season 39  (Read 16925 times)

chrisholland03

Re: Two changes for WoF Season 39
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2021, 08:53:06 AM »
The whole atmosphere (set, music) is very Nintendo Wii

Ian Wallis

« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2021, 08:33:32 PM »
I must admit that I'm not really a fan of the updated theme song either.  It's good they've tried to re-create a classic theme, but this one just leaves me cold.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Kevin Prather

« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2021, 09:12:02 PM »
It gives me "The Fast and the Fortune" vibes.

mystery7

« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2021, 02:04:59 AM »
It's like they activated dark mode for the set and the music this season. Not a fan of all the black behind Pat and the players. The "string" arrangement and all that reverb make the theme sound distant and foreboding.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2021, 02:15:53 AM »
The "string" arrangement and all that reverb make the theme sound distant and foreboding.

I admit that I haven't been keeping up with Wheel this season, so I don't know whether the theme is the same for both shows, but when I tuned to ABC as Celebrity Wheel of Fortune was ending, my reaction was, "Why is the Wheel of Fortune theme song angry at me?"

Kevin Prather

« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2021, 04:12:41 AM »
I admit that I haven't been keeping up with Wheel this season, so I don't know whether the theme is the same for both shows, but when I tuned to ABC as Celebrity Wheel of Fortune was ending, my reaction was, "Why is the Wheel of Fortune theme song angry at me?"

Yep, it's the same one.

BrandonFG

« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2021, 08:15:23 AM »
I got to hear some of it last week. It sounds like a marching band playing the theme, but for an early-2000s video game. I realize that’s very specific.

The abrupt ending makes it seem like they were running out of time and just decided to stop the song right there.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2021, 09:21:27 AM »

Yep, it's the same one.
I actually think it is different, the closing theme's tempo's much faster.
There's also another version on the show's FB page that plays in the "This week's stars" promo vids that sounds like it has a bit more instrumentation.

bwood

« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2021, 10:15:39 AM »
I actually think it is different, the closing theme's tempo's much faster.
There's also another version on the show's FB page that plays in the "This week's stars" promo vids that sounds like it has a bit more instrumentation.

I agree. They definitely have made different arrangements.
Also the Celebrity version uses more of the "meat" of the theme playing many different parts, while the syndicated one pretty much only uses the same "famous" part repeatedly. Honestly when I first heard the syndicated one I thought whoever recorded it took a page from the ABC themes and just repeated the well known parts  but that doesn't seem to be the case after hearing Primetime version