Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 2021-2022 Covid-Friendly Time Slot Thread, for your dining and dancing pleasure.  (Read 5902 times)

golden-road

With the new game show season upon us, I figured I'd be the one to throw the doors open for this season's schedules.

Boise, ID will set the pace:
9AM, KBOI2: TPiR50
11:30AM-12:30PM, KBOI2: Family Feud (back in Boise after a season)
2PM, KBOI2: LMaD
3-4PM, KNIN9 25WoL
4-5PM, KNIN9: FYSA
6-7PM, KBOI2: J!/WoF
10PM, KTVB7.2: YBYL

« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 05:28:27 AM by golden-road »

Sodboy13

WBBM in Chicago has picked up "The Drew Barrymore Show" from WCIU and is running it at 9:00am, bumping "Let's Make A Deal" to 2:00pm.

Edit: Looks like WCIU is keeping Drew Barrymore, running that day's episode again at 9:00pm. Weird.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

SuperMatch93

WBBM in Chicago has picked up "The Drew Barrymore Show" from WCIU and is running it at 9:00am, bumping "Let's Make A Deal" to 2:00pm.

Edit: Looks like WCIU is keeping Drew Barrymore, running that day's episode again at 9:00pm. Weird.

Strange, but ok.

I always thought 9am was too early in the morning for a show as bombastic as LMAD anyway.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

Jeremy Nelson

If I'm not mistaken, this thread topic is a duplicate.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Jimmy Owen

One is about premier dates. This is about timeslots and market lists.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

calliaume

WCIU is running The CW's programming through an agreement with CBS. Perhaps this is a separate agreement with the company.

It's not bad counterprogramming for the people who don't have great cable or streaming options. The networks are running their programming at nine, WGN and WFLD (Fox) have local news, WPWR is rerunning Chicago P.D. or whatever they've got. Why not a light talk show?

CBS is probably desperate to boost Drew Barrymore's numbers; they weren't great in the show's first year, and with this being Ellen DeGeneres' farewell to daytime, they'd probably like for her to pick up some steam.

Jimmy Owen

In Flint, Fox 66 is airing YBYL at 6pm, right after an hour of FF at 5.  25 Words is slotted at 4.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Jeremy Nelson

One is about premier dates. This is about timeslots and market lists.
Ah, got it. Sorry about that!

WCIU is running The CW's programming through an agreement with CBS.

CBS is probably desperate to boost Drew Barrymore's numbers; they weren't great in the show's first year, and with this being Ellen DeGeneres' farewell to daytime, they'd probably like for her to pick up some steam.
How are ratings calculated for syndie shows with multiple airings? This seems like a situation where they'd tout that she has X number of viewers in the Chicago market, even though it took two airings to get them.

This is definitely a play to help her catch steam. 2PM-4PM in Chicago is Kelly followed by Ellen on NBC, and she won't pick up viewers there. 9am is a local talk show on NBC and LIVE on ABC.

Considering how talk shows have historically been easy cancellations, it's crazy to think she got a midseason renewal with dismal ratings.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

BrandonFG

As far as I know, nothing changes in Norfolk/Virginia Beach. If anything moves I'll post it, but I imagine all shows remain in their respective timeslots. If Wheel and J! move out of the 7-8 pm hour, I'll bungee jump off the Empire State Building*.

You Bet Your Life will air on WVBT at 6 pm. The schedule stops at 8 pm on September 13 so I dunno if the second episode airs in late night. Seems like it would make sense to air a second episode sometime between 11:30 pm and 1 am, right around the time The Tonight Show airs.

*/Offer not valid in U.S.
//Terms and conditions may apply
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

tpirfan28

South Bend, IN has no changes, The Jay Leno Show You Bet Your Life airs WSBT-DT2/Fox, double at 5pm, creating a 2 1/2 hour block of repeat Jeopardy, 25 Words or Less, YBYL.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Sodboy13

You Bet Your Leno gets a double-run on Fox O&O WFLD in Chicago at 3:00pm, putting it against Ellen and Dr. Phil, plus the second half-hour against Jeopardy.

Schedule currently shows 25 Words or Less staying in a double-run at 4:00pm on MyNetwork WPWR.

Family Feud runs 2:00-3:00pm on WFLD, then 5:00-7:00pm on WPWR.

"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
Indianapolis gets Jay on WTTV-4.2 weeknights at 11 and 11:30. The subchannel was previously the home of America Says during its syndie run.

25 Words remains on WISH-8 at 2 & 2:30, followed by the first run of Feud at 3 & 3:30.
More Feud remains on WNDY-23 at 6 & 6:30; the additional episode at 5:30 that replaced WWTBAM midseason goes away.

Funny You Should Ask will downgrade from 4 & 4:30 on WNDY-23 to 3 a.m. on WISH-8.

ObDrewBarrymore: stays on WXIN-59 but moves down from 10 to 11 AM (making room for new local content), going up against TPIR, The View & Kelly Clarkson. Oof.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 11:17:54 AM by ChrisLambert! »
@lambertman

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
As far as I know, status quo for the establishment in New York; LMAD and Price in the morning, Wheel and Jeopardy! on WABC in the 7:00 hour, and Feud at 7 and 7:30 on WWOR.

You Bet Your Life, as I mentioned in the thread concerning the show, comes to WNYW at 7:30 on the 13th. This is going to require a little schedule rejiggering that I don’t have any word on just yet; I haven’t been able to find any schedule past the 12th yet but TMZ’s premiere for this season is on the 6th at 7:30 and something’s gotta move to accommodate it. Could mean 25 Words Or Less will have a new home for the primary episode.

Don’t know anything about Daytime Jeopardy, Funny You Should Ask, or the Feud rerun double run at the moment.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

calliaume

This is definitely a play to help her catch steam. 2PM-4PM in Chicago is Kelly followed by Ellen on NBC, and she won't pick up viewers there. 9am is a local talk show on NBC and LIVE on ABC.
On WMAQ (NBC Chicago), 9 AM and 10 AM are the third and fourth hours of Today, at least for now.

WLS is throwing in the towel on Windy City Live after 10 years of hoping it will be as popular as Oprah Winfrey was. Starting in the next week or two, Tamron Hall moves into the 1 PM time slot there.

Game-wise in Chicago, it looks like WPWR will continue with a three-hour block of 25 Words or Less and Family Feud from 4 to 7. WFLD (Fox) has a one-hour block of Family Feud from 3 to 4 PM, but it looks like that will change when You Bet Your Life premieres (YBYL at 3 and Feud at 3:30?). Funny You Should Ask is on WCIU at midnight, single run. Aside from the LMaD move to 2, everything else appears status quo.

TimK2003

As far as I know, status quo for the establishment in New York; LMAD and Price in the morning, Wheel and Jeopardy! on WABC in the 7:00 hour, and Feud at 7 and 7:30 on WWOR.

Only ONE hour of Harvey Feud per day on regular TV (NOT counting cable or Pluto Channels)!?!? 

One could only hope...