Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Fox affiliates headsup (8/12)  (Read 2469 times)

brianhenke

Fox affiliates headsup (8/12)
« on: August 12, 2021, 12:42:36 PM »
    Fox is showing the Field of Dreams baseball game tonight starting at 7 PM ET/6 pm CT.  This means that many Fox affiliates that carry game shows (I know they're in reruns, but this is for the record) will preempt or delay them, or move them to another station.

WXIX will air WOF and J! at 12:30-1:30 am ET.

Brian
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

SuperMatch93

Re: Fox affiliates headsup (8/12)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2021, 05:03:55 PM »
k
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2021, 07:13:37 PM »
    Fox is showing the Field of Dreams baseball game tonight starting at 7 PM ET/6 pm CT.  This means that many Fox affiliates that carry game shows (I know they're in reruns, but this is for the record) will preempt or delay them, or move them to another station.

WXIX will air WOF and J! at 12:30-1:30 am ET.

Brian
What is ironic is Joe Buck is on both Field of Dreams and Jeopardy,!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 07:45:15 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2021, 11:37:53 AM »
WBFF in Baltimore apparently needed to air a Washington Football preseason game last night, so they booted the Field of Dreams game to the MyNetworkTV affiliate WUTB. As a result, whereas Jeopardy probably would've been preempted, it ended up airing as scheduled since the football game started later than the baseball game.

In the past, I know I've seen Washington Football preseason games on WNUV, the CW affiliate (Ravens' preseason games are usually covered by the NBC affiliate, WBAL). I guess I'm surprised that, presumably due to something contractual, this preseason game took precedent over a special/sports event by FOX and that the FOX game didn't even go to the CW affiliate, but got bumped to MyNetworkTV.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

tvmitch

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2021, 03:47:01 PM »
WBFF in Baltimore apparently needed to air a Washington Football preseason game last night, so they booted the Field of Dreams game to the MyNetworkTV affiliate WUTB. As a result, whereas Jeopardy probably would've been preempted, it ended up airing as scheduled since the football game started later than the baseball game.
Interesting anomaly with this scheduling up in the Harrisburg, PA market, just north of you. WPMT, our Fox affiliate, aired an Eagles/Steelers preseason game (WPMT is our Eagles preseason station). To my knowledge, the Field of Dreams game didn't air in our market. I may have missed it if WPMT moved the Field of Dreams game to their 43.2 subchannel. Tegna doesn't own any other OTA stations in our market.

I also get the Philadelphia stations, so I watched some of the game on WTXF. 
You should follow me on Twitter

aaron sica

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2021, 03:48:09 PM »
To my knowledge, the Field of Dreams game didn't air in our market. I may have missed it if WPMT moved the Field of Dreams game to their 43.2 subchannel. Tegna doesn't own any other OTA stations in our market.

That's exactly what happened - the game moved to 43.2.

tvmitch

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2021, 04:09:04 PM »
To my knowledge, the Field of Dreams game didn't air in our market. I may have missed it if WPMT moved the Field of Dreams game to their 43.2 subchannel. Tegna doesn't own any other OTA stations in our market.
That's exactly what happened - the game moved to 43.2.
That's funny, I swear that my antenna DVR guide did not show that! Thanks for the confirmation there.
You should follow me on Twitter

Brian44