Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Close calls....narrow escapes.....  (Read 124142 times)

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
Re: Close calls....narrow escapes.....
« Reply #105 on: September 06, 2021, 11:44:51 AM »
It must have been kind of a rush job getting that board reloaded after every round

Yesterday, some friends and I were discussing that. As we watched the mini-marathon, we figured out that there were actually two game boards. On one board, the backlit 3 on level three was installed upside down and backward; on the other board, it's installed correctly. During the first week, there was also a different bulb out along the right side of each board's chase lights.

Kniwt

« Reply #106 on: September 06, 2021, 11:55:40 AM »
On one board, the backlit 3 on level three was installed upside down and backward; on the other board, it's installed correctly. During the first week, there was also a different bulb out along the right side of each board's chase lights.

This is exactly the type of quality content that keeps me coming back here. :)
(Really, not snark.)

tvmitch

« Reply #107 on: September 06, 2021, 03:45:32 PM »
Sucks.
Ian, I would recommend trying out Channels DVR software if you have a spare PC available. It is a homebrew DVR that costs a few dollars a month, but it can easily give you DVR capabilities for Buzzr once set up.

https://getchannels.com/

You can set up Channels to pull in feeds from a free Sling TV subscription. I would imagine you’d need a VPN; I use NordVPN for my DVR setup and it works well. I have used the Sling TV feed of Buzzr to DVR a bunch of Buzzr recently, including Whew!.

If you or anyone else would like more info on this, please let me know. I am happy to write a step by step guide if there is interest.
You should follow me on Twitter

Bryce L.

« Reply #108 on: September 06, 2021, 04:44:28 PM »
Watching now, and I got to ask... when the Charger would run offstage, did it always sound like a herd of elephants stomping through, followed by someone slamming a door behind them?

catnap1972

« Reply #109 on: September 06, 2021, 05:00:51 PM »
Watching now, and I got to ask... when the Charger would run offstage, did it always sound like a herd of elephants stomping through, followed by someone slamming a door behind them?

It seems inconsistent.  Either that or they tried it and got negative feedback and dropped it later on (the eps from October WinC posted and the celebrity eps don't seem to have it)

weaklink75

« Reply #110 on: September 06, 2021, 05:11:31 PM »
Nice to see this other than the eps that have been floating around- didn't air in DC (neither did TPIR at the time) and our Baltimore reception was iffy at times so never saw it this clear before...

And interesting to see according to the ep that aired today the Gauntlet was only won about 1 in every 6 tries- with the length and pace of the bloopers in that round, looks like you needed to get 10 out of 12-14 depending on how much extra time you had..

KrisW73

« Reply #111 on: September 07, 2021, 05:20:29 PM »

I don't recall hearing that sound effect during the marathon on Sunday - my guess is the sound was added into the effects used a few weeks in

That Don Guy

« Reply #112 on: September 07, 2021, 07:20:01 PM »

I don't recall hearing that sound effect during the marathon on Sunday - my guess is the sound was added into the effects used a few weeks in

I don't remember it either (keep in mind I wouldn't have seen any episodes in the first eight weeks or so, except possibly on Memorial Day). Then again, I also "remember" that the "long shot block" was brown instead of red.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #113 on: September 07, 2021, 08:14:44 PM »
Was it the rule that you could solve more than one blooper per level if desired? I wondered if she called "Level 5, 20" out of nerves, not realizing she already solved one blooper in the same level.

Digging deep into archive.org, we find from Randy Amasia's rules release:

When charging, I may not proceed to the next level until I have correctly answered at least one blooper on that level

So, yes, you were allowed to select again from the same level.  Or to be more accurate, it's another way to penalize a charger that's not paying attention.

Edit: listen to Tom Kennedy's tone right before she went to the next level.  This was planned for.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

TimK2003

« Reply #114 on: September 07, 2021, 08:20:15 PM »

It was added later in the series.  And somewhere along the line, they killed it off sometime around the Celebrity era.

Speaking of sfx, I am so glad that they changed the charging bell to the familiar CLANG we all know and love.  The one they used at the start just never felt right.

And was anyone else scratching their head after the first Gauntlet win on Sunday's marathon?  It was a subdued celebration. ‐‐ before I knew it the music was over (they used a short win cue) and the set wasn't going as apes*it as it did later in the run.  I'm glad they changed that as well.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 09:03:46 PM by TimK2003 »

JMFabiano

« Reply #115 on: September 07, 2021, 08:51:18 PM »
On today's episode have they cut out the PIR/news plug?  I heard a jump in the end theme, I think.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #116 on: September 07, 2021, 11:34:56 PM »
On today's episode have they cut out the PIR/news plug?  I heard a jump in the end theme, I think.

Has BUZZR been doing this with any other shows lately?  In what I've seen of the network (from a trip to Florida in early 2020), plus episodes I've traded for, they've left all the "stay tuned for..." plugs in.  Are they editing them out of shows like Match Game now too, or just Whew!?
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Bryce L.

« Reply #117 on: September 08, 2021, 03:58:45 AM »
Are they editing them out of shows like Match Game now too, or just Whew!?
Have been with Match Game for a while now.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #118 on: September 08, 2021, 05:34:55 AM »
Are they editing them out of shows like Match Game now too, or just Whew!?
Have been with Match Game for a while now.
. It does make sense, after all, TPIR, Secret Storm, Musical Chairs, Give-n-Take are NOT coming up next..
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

tyshaun1

« Reply #119 on: September 08, 2021, 07:24:03 AM »
It was added later in the series.  And somewhere along the line, they killed it off sometime around the Celebrity era.

Speaking of sfx, I am so glad that they changed the charging bell to the familiar CLANG we all know and love.  The one they used at the start just never felt right.

And was anyone else scratching their head after the first Gauntlet win on Sunday's marathon?  It was a subdued celebration. ‐‐ before I knew it the music was over (they used a short win cue) and the set wasn't going as apes*it as it did later in the run.  I'm glad they changed that as well.
This show went back and forth with 3 directors over the course of its run; first it was Bill Carruthers, them Tom Trbovich, and later Chris Darley (who also directed "Second Chance"). I'm guessing the SFX came and went with them.