Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Close calls....narrow escapes.....  (Read 124149 times)

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Re: Close calls....narrow escapes.....
« Reply #255 on: September 28, 2021, 12:19:09 AM »
Is there a browser that can play this Flash video? I tired installing the Ruffle extension, but it doesn't seem to work for Flash-based video players.

I got it to work in Firefox (full disclosure, though, I can't remember the last time I've ever updated it).

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

catnap1972

« Reply #256 on: September 28, 2021, 07:15:31 AM »
Can someone get me a screengrab of that "Trick or treat/ can I use your toilet" blooper from yesterday's ep?  I would appreciate it!

DYosua

« Reply #257 on: September 28, 2021, 07:38:02 AM »
Can someone get me a screengrab of that "Trick or treat/ can I use your toilet" blooper from yesterday's ep?  I would appreciate it!

catnap1972

« Reply #258 on: September 28, 2021, 08:08:44 AM »

Danka!

gridlockjoe

« Reply #259 on: September 28, 2021, 10:58:26 AM »

Only reason I have 10/3/79 marked as a pre-emption is because, according to the Golden-Road.net timeline, TPIR was pre-empted that day, and where Whew! and TPIR were back-to-back, I figured they'd both be affected.

Looking through Newspapers.com, CBS coverage was only scheduled from 11 to 12 (ET). Doesn't mean they didn't go early; NBC had coverage scheduled from 10:45-12.

Sodboy13

« Reply #260 on: September 28, 2021, 03:08:04 PM »
Catching up on episodes, I was delighted that we had a contestant boff their first question, get bleeped for their reaction, and end up winning the game after several seconds of stunned embarrassment in which they clearly expected either tape to stop or FCC enforcement to sweep in from the wings or something. This game makes people's brains and outward behavior frantic. It's good teevee!
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

tvmitch

« Reply #261 on: September 29, 2021, 01:29:25 PM »
Catching up on episodes, I was delighted that we had a contestant boff their first question, get bleeped for their reaction, and end up winning the game after several seconds of stunned embarrassment in which they clearly expected either tape to stop or FCC enforcement to sweep in from the wings or something. This game makes people's brains and outward behavior frantic. It's good teevee!
I'm surprised there hasn't been more swearing. I'd have let the errant expletive fly if I hit a level 1 block on my first choice.
You should follow me on Twitter

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #262 on: September 29, 2021, 01:40:40 PM »

Only reason I have 10/3/79 marked as a pre-emption is because, according to the Golden-Road.net timeline, TPIR was pre-empted that day, and where Whew! and TPIR were back-to-back, I figured they'd both be affected.

Looking through Newspapers.com, CBS coverage was only scheduled from 11 to 12 (ET). Doesn't mean they didn't go early; NBC had coverage scheduled from 10:45-12.
Tuesday October 2  the  west coast had coverage of a UN speech by JP II preempting BTC and Whew.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

JMFabiano

« Reply #263 on: September 29, 2021, 05:43:09 PM »
For those who notice such things/keep track of them:

This new week features the slight redesign of the Villains that lasted till the end of the series.  Didn't think it would be so soon, but then again we did skip several episodes beforehand.
Also got a moment I was tickled by where they prompt Tom to introduce them all, and we get the rundown of names.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

KrisW73

« Reply #264 on: September 30, 2021, 12:48:15 PM »
For those who notice such things/keep track of them:

This new week features the slight redesign of the Villains that lasted till the end of the series.  Didn't think it would be so soon, but then again we did skip several episodes beforehand.
Also got a moment I was tickled by where they prompt Tom to introduce them all, and we get the rundown of names.

1) I would assume it was easier to total the non winning end game money with the new numbering system.
2) I thought the introduction of the villains was a humorous touch as well.

GameShowGuru

« Reply #265 on: October 01, 2021, 02:39:21 AM »
On the Sept. 7, 1979 episode, a contestant named Larry Rice was on, who won the game but lost the Gauntlet of Villians.

Question: Was this the same Larry Rice who was a regular guest on Wally George's show "Hot Seat" in the 80s and 90s on KDOC-56 in Orange County, CA?

Allstar87

« Reply #266 on: October 01, 2021, 08:53:36 PM »
Was this the same Larry Rice who was a regular guest on Wally George's show "Hot Seat" in the 80s and 90s on KDOC-56 in Orange County, CA?

I checked clips of him on Hot Seat, and the face/voice match up perfectly. It's gotta be him!

gridlockjoe

« Reply #267 on: October 07, 2021, 04:50:23 PM »
I'm curious why Buzzr skipped #101.

JMFabiano

« Reply #268 on: October 07, 2021, 05:25:06 PM »
I'm curious why Buzzr skipped #101.

Tape quality or content.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

Allstar87

« Reply #269 on: October 07, 2021, 05:54:56 PM »
Tape quality or content.

I'd guess the former, I caught a few small tape imperfections in today's episode.