Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NYSI episodes this week on BUZZR  (Read 3036 times)

Bob Zager

NYSI episodes this week on BUZZR
« on: May 03, 2022, 07:07:41 PM »
A few observations I thought I'd share while viewing NYSI this week:

Many, many times on other game shows, we've seen a contestant give their answer using the rules of Jeopardy,  that is they'd say "What is/Who is...."  There was a contestant whom when prompted by Jack Narz to turn around and give the answer, would say, "Position ##, the answer is....(answer)!"  After about three occurrences, Jack Narz said she didn't have to say "the answer is."

I also noticed they (temporarily) used different microphones on the set, similar in design to the one Monty Hall is holding here:

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Op7CnCNG3Wg/WdB1DWPCzLI/AAAAAAAAEFk/tpp-XBaBTa06j23C7OTx-rIVQ0JtO5dIQCLcBGAs/s400/mh-1975.j

I then also noticed that Jack Narz had one of the old fashioned lavalier microphones with a neck-cord, not the tie clip type.  Wonder why?

Sodboy13

Re: NYSI episodes this week on BUZZR
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2022, 09:58:47 PM »
I noticed some of the episodes aired last week were really rough around the edges from a production standpoint. Definitely using a different/replacement camera operator for the opening, because there's just a gradual zoom in on the board instead of that quick snap in as Johnny announces each word of the title, and even that got shaky and uneven at times.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation