Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New-to-BUZZR episodes on or forthcoming  (Read 17225 times)

aaron sica

Re: New-to-BUZZR episodes on or forthcoming
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2021, 08:56:00 AM »
Not to nag, but there is absolutely no reason to be seeing this on the schedule site.

I hope some certain people don't see that and conclude that the network is going off the air.

Bryce L.

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2021, 07:38:24 PM »
OK, this is strange. They've left 9/20 as-is, and 9/21 to 9/26 are blank, but 9/27 is filled in from 6am onwards. Everything from 9/27 to 10/9 is live now. Go figure.

EDIT: Scratch that, everything's filled in now.

JMFabiano

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2021, 10:18:28 PM »
BUZZR Schedules for 9/20, 9/27 & 10/4 are now available!!
The Following will be continue to be refreshed:
Concentration
Classic Concentration
Supermarket Sweep
Match Game PM (until 9/23)
TPiR Cullen (until 9/25)
Shows being Refreshed:
Match Game-Hollywood Squares Hour, starting 9/27 (we'll finally be reaching the ARLENE FRANCIS & CHUCK WOLLERY episodes! (even though one of them will be skipped!)
Skips
Classic Concentration:  Episodes 583, 595, 601
Match Game PM:  Episode 120
Match Game-Hollywood Squares Hour:  Episodes 173-174 & 178.
Supermarket Sweep:  Episode 1519

According to this source, the MG/HS from the Francis/Woolery week to be skipped oddly enough is the one that's been in circulation amongst tape traders.  The one where Arlene Francis gets no questions, and where Gene calls out the Goodson HS format, pretty much.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 07:39:41 AM by JMFabiano »
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

Bryce L.

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2021, 09:33:49 AM »
...the MG/HS from the Francis/Woolery week to be skipped... is the one... where Gene calls out the Goodson HS format, pretty much.
Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the reason for the skip to begin with.

JMFabiano

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2021, 10:33:06 AM »
...the MG/HS from the Francis/Woolery week to be skipped... is the one... where Gene calls out the Goodson HS format, pretty much.
Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the reason for the skip to begin with.

Well it was subtle enough for me not to realize it until a certain website mentioned it.  Casuals will not even know what he was talking about. 

It's probably either a lost tape or content (even though they've aired other eps complete with bleep outs by Buzzr.  Then again there's some eps that apparently were too much for that to be the solution; the premiere episode, if the speculation is to be believed)

JMFabiano

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2021, 05:45:44 PM »
re: the above...

On last night's episode (perhaps the night before), Gene did have another moment where he complained about not knowing anything about the question's subject.  Can't remember the Q at the moment, however. 

Sodboy13

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2021, 01:01:40 AM »
This week of MGHSH shows that, for all they couldn't get right, they could figure out they should use as much of Arsenio Hall as possible. From getting his name mispronounced in his first intro to being in the center square slot multiple times in a week is a nice little arc in this empty filler of a daytime show.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

JMFabiano

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2021, 10:41:06 PM »
And we may have another before they were stars moment on MG/HS.

The current champion is John Cervenka.  Is this the same JC that would go on to become Burt Luddin? 

/I totally knew the answer to that Loretta Lynn question.
//Used to love watching her haunted mansion special on Travel Channel (back when the name of the channel still had vowels)

nowhammies10

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2021, 11:05:38 PM »
Does he sound like Captain Tenneal from MXC? Show of hands, now!

BrandonFG

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2021, 11:26:48 PM »
Definitely looked like him. I recall us saying “Burt” looked like Ray Combs in the ATGS era, and I saw the resemblance on this contestant.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 12:06:50 AM by BrandonFG »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

snowpeck

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2021, 11:42:49 PM »
And we may have another before they were stars moment on MG/HS.

The current champion is John Cervenka.  Is this the same JC that would go on to become Burt Luddin? 

/I totally knew the answer to that Loretta Lynn question.
//Used to love watching her haunted mansion special on Travel Channel (back when the name of the channel still had vowels)
Yep, that's definitely him.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2021, 12:23:15 AM »
Didn't he also announce Love Connection for a while?
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

BrandonFG

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2021, 08:26:54 AM »
Didn't he also announce Love Connection for a while?
He did. The last few seasons.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Bryce L.

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2021, 12:07:28 AM »
New Match Game '77 starts on October 18 with episode 0951. Considering that the last "fresh" MG '77 episode they ran was 0944 (and seeing the celebrity listings for the following week), methinks they're holding 0946 to 0950 for Betty White Christmas.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2021, 02:11:59 AM »
I find it interesting that next week, Buzzr's "Super Duper Supermarket Sweep" promotion takes place only in the 9:00 Eastern/6:00 Pacific time slot. Based on next week's currently incomplete schedule, that time slot will contain earlier episodes (so far, from seasons 2 and 3) whose internal Buzzr numbers end with an A, presumably to mark them as special contest episodes. Meanwhile, the midnight Eastern/9:00 Pacific run continues with the new-to-Buzzr episodes from season 5.

Is this the first time that Buzzr has aired a different episode in each half anywhere in its prime time lineup?