The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

New-to-BUZZR episodes on or forthcoming

<< < (9/9)

chargeradiocom:
So now that MGHSH is ending its run of new-to-BUZZR episodes, and was generally lukewarmly received at best, what’s our collective best guess as to their future plans for the show? Does it remain a stalwart on the schedule? Or, do they start letting off the gas, then cut it loose when the current deal with MGM is up? Or something else?

JMFabiano:

--- Quote from: chargeradiocom on October 18, 2021, 11:15:34 PM ---So now that MGHSH is ending its run of new-to-BUZZR episodes, and was generally lukewarmly received at best, what’s our collective best guess as to their future plans for the show? Does it remain a stalwart on the schedule? Or, do they start letting off the gas, then cut it loose when the current deal with MGM is up? Or something else?

--- End quote ---

That's Amazon now, technically. 

I can see them scaling back the airings while not totally dropping it.  Longshot (scrreeeeeeeeech, CRASH): they somehow are able to air the skipped episodes in the future.  Unless the tapes were lost.   

Do we know how the ratings/popularity of MG-HS were on Buzzr?  As it's seen 2 times or so most days, they must see something in it. 

chargeradiocom:

--- Quote from: JMFabiano on October 19, 2021, 09:48:15 AM ---That's Amazon now, technically. 
--- End quote ---
True, but they still have to honor MGM’s preexisting deals, and they may not want to fiddle with those deals too much at renewal time. But, Amazon being Amazon, who knows.

--- Quote from: JMFabiano on October 19, 2021, 09:48:15 AM ---I can see them scaling back the airings while not totally dropping it.
--- End quote ---
That’s what I tend to think, at least in the near term. But I’m curious whether it’s more of a gradual dial back, or closer to the LMAD treatment.

--- Quote from: JMFabiano on October 19, 2021, 09:48:15 AM ---Do we know how the ratings/popularity of MG-HS were on Buzzr?  As it's seen 2 times or so most days, they must see something in it.

--- End quote ---
Since they don’t subscribe to Nielsen, the publicly available info is limited. But I’d be surprised if they don’t subscribe to some monitoring service, like a Comscore or GfK, plus they probably get some data on streaming from Pluto, STIRR, etc. And I agree with you—given its scheduling treatment, its viewership numbers have probably been better than the social media critics would have us believe.

TimK2003:

--- Quote from: JMFabiano on October 19, 2021, 09:48:15 AM ---
--- Quote from: chargeradiocom on October 18, 2021, 11:15:34 PM ---So now that MGHSH is ending its run of new-to-BUZZR episodes, and was generally lukewarmly received at best, what’s our collective best guess as to their future plans for the show? Does it remain a stalwart on the schedule? Or, do they start letting off the gas, then cut it loose when the current deal with MGM is up? Or something else?

--- End quote ---

That's Amazon now, technically. 

--- End quote ---

Prediction:  If the MGHSH is *that* popular with the general public, it should appear on Amazon Prime sooner than later along with the other select Buzzr entries.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version