Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Next Jeopardy! Host  (Read 28700 times)

rebelwrest

Re: Next Jeopardy! Host
« Reply #165 on: August 27, 2021, 09:59:54 PM »
In another dimension to the story, AV Club is reporting (citing a paywalled Wall Street Journal report) that Ken Jennings is out of the running due to his "problematic tweets."

https://www.avclub.com/ken-jennings-problematic-tweets-reportedly-cost-him-the-1847572290

The Wall Street Journal reports that Jennings’ Twitter account contributed to him losing the job. One 2014 tweet in particular—“Nothing sadder than a hot person in a wheelchair”—was widely circulated in the lead-up to Jennings’ stint as Jeopardy! guest host, and also resurfaced when he came to the defense of his Omnibus co-host John Roderick during the latter’s “Bean Dad” fiasco. Jennings issued an apology on social media, but people familiar with the host-selection process told WSJ that Jennings’ image was tarnished by the tweets: Executives at Sony reportedly cooled on Jennings in response to his Twitter activity. The tweets are also said to have impacted focus groups’ reactions to Jennings. “The succession plan started unraveling” from there, the WSJ writes.

Wait a minute. So Sony decided to pass on a person who had an old tweet(s) that yes while in bad taste (they never been to an open mic night) did apologize for them months ago for someone who had a LONG SERIES of awful remarks so bad that he got fired after ONE DAY!

You know what Sony, I know what you have to do now.  You have to completely remove yourself from the process and basically let the staffs of both Wheel and Jeopardy! run themselves including hiring their next hosts (EDIT: without Mike Richards as part as the decision.  The day the staff choose the next host, Mike will have the day off with no communications with the staff).  I would love to know the comprising info that Mike Richards has on Sony to not kick the ass (referring to both the body part and Mike Richards himself) out of the EP position.  Maybe we should know it, so Sony then has to sell the shows for fear of losing all the profits from both shows.
My favorite Win Ben Stein's Money Category:

Where Am I Doc? Urinalysis Restaurant.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #166 on: August 27, 2021, 11:53:30 PM »
Nothing to do with J!,

Now I'm hearing people are eating livestock dewormer on crackers to conceal the disagreeable taste.

Mmm, good cracker! Everything's better when it sits on a Ritz. Even livestock dewormer.

For the love of Charles Darwin, how damn stupid do you have to be ...?

I'm also hearing that the dewormer is selling off the shelves in the sunbelt/slavery states.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #167 on: August 28, 2021, 03:34:49 AM »
Maybe give T J Holmes of GMA 3 an on-air tryout.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

aaron sica

« Reply #168 on: September 16, 2021, 11:14:07 AM »

SamJ93

« Reply #169 on: September 16, 2021, 11:58:03 AM »
Just pick one already. Constantly switching back and forth trying to please everyone is going to damage the show's reputation even more.
It was Bob Barker. He was eating a bologna and cheese-ball sandwich.

Bryce L.

« Reply #170 on: September 16, 2021, 12:02:39 PM »
At this point I'm guessing the Jennings dates are to cover days where Mayim can't make it because of her other show, not because of trying to 'please' anyone in particular.

JMFabiano

« Reply #171 on: September 16, 2021, 12:06:16 PM »
Just pick one already. Constantly switching back and forth trying to please everyone is going to damage the show's reputation even more.

At this point, only making a deepfaked CGI Trebek will do,it seems.

/He can have Watson as a guest host.
//Or at least Malcolm.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

snowpeck

« Reply #172 on: September 16, 2021, 01:06:54 PM »
Jeopardy just put out their release on the matter, and they say the Bialik/Jennings arrangement is just for the rest of the calendar year, and not for the rest of the season.

https://www.jeopardy.com/jbuzz/news-events/mayim-bialik-and-ken-jennings-host-jeopardy-through-end-year
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Stackertosh

« Reply #173 on: September 18, 2021, 01:37:38 PM »
I feel like they want Mayim to host and they are waiting for her show to get canceled so they can offer her the job full time.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #174 on: September 18, 2021, 01:54:20 PM »
I feel like they want Mayim to host and they are waiting for her show to get canceled so they can offer her the job full time.
They may want to see the November sweeps numbers are with her.  She could be out of two jobs.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.