Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: “The Profit” says “Let’s Make A Deal” in a “Split Second”….  (Read 2590 times)

weaklink75

Marcus Lemonis and Nancy Glass have bought the IP of Hatos-Hall Productions- so they now own LMAD and the rights to make Split Second, among other shows…

https://deadline.com/2021/08/lets-make-a-deal-marcus-lemonis-nancy-glass-acquire-ip-rights-classic-gameshow-sharon-hall-1234812019/

Kniwt

Dreading how the inevitable "MILLION DOLLAR Split Second" will be sucked dry of every ounce of life essence and will bear almost no resemblance whatsoever to the original, or even to Monty's version.

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
Guess when the deal went pending, that explains LMaD & Split Second's disappearance from BUZZR?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
I doubt Split Second is indeed on anybody’s radar, much less for a gigantic prize. Why Marcus made this deal is anybody’s guess.
Travis L. Eberle

chargeradiocom

I actually thought Fremantle owned LMAD outright, though I had my suspicions that Monty’s estate still had some tie to it, given that it’s daily runs on BUZZR never seemed to be all that lengthy.

And as far as a Split Second revival, I could see someone thinking this might make a decent daily syndie strip. No illusions that it would be a Wheel/J!-type juggernaut, of course, but something that could make a little money for a season or two.

Heck, maybe they’ll try a Masquerade Party revival—which, given The Masked Singer’s success, wouldn’t be the most nonsensical idea ever.

calliaume

Three for the Money 2023!

TimK2003

There's always a chance that Sharon Hall could make a few tweaks to the CBS daily version, like the return of original-recipe LMAD pricing games and 2-player Big Deals...

Jeremy Nelson

Dreading how the inevitable "MILLION DOLLAR Split Second" will be sucked dry of every ounce of life essence and will bear almost no resemblance whatsoever to the original, or even to Monty's version.

You have put the cart EONS before the horse. No need to be this extra.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Gsguy

My Dad worked for Lemonis briefly and said he was an absolute idiot.

That's all I have to share lol.

SamJ93

And he's crying about it all the way to the bank.
It was Bob Barker. He was eating a bologna and cheese-ball sandwich.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable

That's all I have to share lol.
Thanks 10/10 very helpful
Travis L. Eberle