Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN starts a “Tug of Words”  (Read 5071 times)

weaklink75

GSN starts a “Tug of Words”
« on: July 27, 2021, 10:44:30 AM »

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
Re: GSN starts a “Tug of Words”
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 11:06:47 AM »
Two teams playing a word game for a potential modest grand prize? Knock me over.
@lambertman

byrd62

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2021, 11:24:02 AM »
Feels like tug-of-war meets Chain Letters.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2021, 11:31:49 AM »
Whatever my feelings regarding the current generation of GSN originals (happy they occasionally keep friends employed, not particularly satisfied as a viewer), I'm honestly delighted to see Ahmad Rashad get another crack at hosting.  Caesar's Challenge was an underrated gem of a show (IMO), and he was a fairly big part of that.

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2021, 12:25:24 PM »
Caesar's Challenge was an underrated gem of a show (IMO), and he was a fairly big part of that.
As I've said numerous times, CC was either 5 years too early or too late. IMO, in 1988 it runs for a few years on NBC; in 1998 it gets a few seasons on basic cable. It was a fun game that deserved a longer run, and I'm surprised it didn't get revived at some point in the late-90s. And yes, Ahmad was just as great a host here as he was with NBC Sports and Inside the NBA.

As for GSN's originals, they're a little undercooked but digestible. It seems the producers want Youtube and promotional content as opposed to a solid format. I guess that's just the era we live in now. That said, America Says has grown on me a lot, and Chain Reaction actually has me yelling at the TV for reasons other than the contestants being clueless. :P
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2021, 12:44:51 PM »
Ahmad Rashad will host

Dan "Test-ti-kles" Doherty as sidekick or GTFO.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

nowhammies10

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2021, 04:50:23 PM »
Ahmad Rashad will host

Dan "Test-ti-kles" Doherty as sidekick or GTFO.

I thought he went by his Latin name, "Mentula Magna".

Neumms

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2021, 10:33:48 PM »
Former Minnesota Vikings are always preferable to Green Bay Packers as hosts.

Chief-O

• Speaks digi-talk
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2021, 11:26:11 PM »
Former Minnesota Vikings are always preferable to Green Bay Packers as hosts.

Well, Aaron probably won't get J! at this point in time.

/seriously, he *wasn't* that great on J!
//and I *am* a Packer fan

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2021, 12:56:02 PM »
Caesar's Challenge was an underrated gem of a show (IMO), and he was a fairly big part of that.
As I've said numerous times, CC was either 5 years too early or too late. IMO, in 1988 it runs for a few years on NBC; in 1998 it gets a few seasons on basic cable. It was a fun game that deserved a longer run, and I'm surprised it didn't get revived at some point in the late-90s. And yes, Ahmad was just as great a host here as he was with NBC Sports and Inside the NBA.

Ahmad Rashad hosts a three round game show where players solve words by moving letters into place, with each round incresing the number of letters and difficulty. Hm, sounds familiar.

REALLY happy to see Ahmad get another game show. I think he's one of those guys who could/should have gotten more game show work.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

alfonzos

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2021, 09:37:38 PM »
The problem with the game was that was a perfect information game. The entire answer was infront of the players all they had to unscramble it. One player managed to solve all the puzzles all he had to do was buzz in first. And the both attempts at a bonus game were terrible.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2021, 09:54:40 PM »
That’s certainly a take.

If you’re crap at anagrams don’t go on a show where that is the focal point.
Travis L. Eberle

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2021, 12:17:33 PM »
The problem with the game was that was a perfect information game. The entire answer was infront of the players all they had to unscramble it. One player managed to solve all the puzzles all he had to do was buzz in first. And the both attempts at a bonus game were terrible.
You do realize they had to answer questions as well, correct?  Granted, they weren't exactly brain-busters, but it was more than just "buzzing in first".
--Mark
Phil 4:13