Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Are You Fully Vaccinated?  (Read 13768 times)

WhammyPower

• I'm as empty as this box.
Re: Are You Fully Vaccinated?
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2021, 09:39:58 AM »
Two Pfizer shots in February. The first shot gave me the side effects, rather than the second...

...because I actually got COVID back in October. I think I know specifically when I got it, however, none of the other people I know who were also there did not get sick, so... yeah.

If you're wondering about my symptoms, mostly just a really bad cough for the whole duration, but also a headache for just a couple days.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 11:03:11 AM by WhammyPower »

chris319

• Executive Producer
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2021, 09:44:06 AM »
There is not a thing that someone can say to justify NOT getting this vaccination.

Oh, sure there is: "I am abjectly stupid and I believe in "Q". I think California wildfires were caused by laser beams from space ships run by the Rothschilds. I am so dumb I cannot find a pharmacy to get my shot anyway".

I've had several nice conversations with Bill Gates thanks to the microchip that was in the vaccine. We discussed his divorce and talked a little about his pal Warren Buffett.

BrandonFG

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2021, 09:45:22 AM »
Iíll add that my side effects were mild. Just a slight headache the next dayÖit felt more like a hangover than anything. From what Iíve heard from friends who had Covid, Iíll take that side effect hands down.

/Also still wearing a mask for the most part
"Iím not gonna miss a Biggie question, Sara.Ē

Now celebrating his 19th season on GSF!

Blanquepage

• My hobby involvement comes in waves...
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2021, 09:46:40 AM »
Fully vaxxed in May, Pfizer. Only real side effect was that the skin in the area around the injection site on my arm started to to peel, as if sunburned.
https://www.facebook.com/TvGameShowVault -  *THREE* marathons of 40 Favorites coming 11/26, 11/27, and 11/28 from 10AM-Midnight.

chris319

• Executive Producer
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2021, 09:50:56 AM »
If you're wondering about my symptoms, mostly just a really bad cough for the whole duration, but also a headache for just a couple days.

Congratulations on pulling through! You got off easy. Not everyone has been so lucky. At my former place of employ they had a security guard pass away, even though they took every conceivable precaution.

I'm wondering if there are people who are just not susceptible to covid for whatever reason. For example, I have never been bothered by poison oak or poison ivy. I would not like to test that theory on covid, though.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2021, 09:59:04 AM »
Pfizer, both shots, March and April.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

rebelwrest

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2021, 10:04:49 AM »
Two shots of Modern back in March and April.  I got vaccinated at the county 4-H grounds.  The joke I use for getting the shots earlier than others is because my body is in the "tub of lard" range.
My favorite Win Ben Stein's Money Category:

Where Am I Doc? Urinalysis Restaurant.

bscripps

• Button-Pushing Monkey
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2021, 10:18:10 AM »
Both Pfizer shots, back in March and April.  I got them slightly earlier than the general public thanks to being on the very edge of "essential workers". 

No side effects at all--literally nothing, not even pain at the injection site.  To the point that I wondered idly if I'd been given a placebo.  (I don't seriously believe that, but the thought crossed my mind.)

Also, no prizes for getting it.  Well, except for the whole "you're not going to die terribly" thing, which I guess is something.  Oh, and a cool little card that's too big for my wallet--seriously, they couldn't have cut it down to credit card size?
Ben Scripps. Professional button-pushing monkey.

isucgv

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2021, 10:19:13 AM »
I got Pfizer back in late March and mid April.  The pharmacy in town had a wait list where you could jump the queue if they had extra doses that they were going to have to toss at the end of a day based on their appointment book, and I was able to snag one of those.  Other than a slightly sore arm after the second dose, I had no side effects.  Couldn't wait to get it.

KrisW73

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2021, 10:40:05 AM »
... Oh, and a cool little card that's too big for my wallet--seriously, they couldn't have cut it down to credit card size?

Apparently the prototype and first batch of cards were smaller, but the CDC changed the size.

Sodboy13

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2021, 10:46:59 AM »
/Also still wearing a mask for the most part

Same here, pretty much every time I go into a store. Abd not just because of COVID, either; do you know how nice it was to finally have a winter where I didn't have to deal with a nagging cold and/or sinus infection for 1-2 weeks? That ranks up there as one of ny top highlights of the pandemic, along with losing my hour-long commute to and from the Loop.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

Kniwt

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2021, 11:38:27 AM »
Yes; Moderna in March and April. 1st shot was a nothingburger; 2nd put me in bed for four days with 101F fever, nausea, etc.

Here in the red heart of reddest Red America, the vax rate is disturbingly low, yet mask usage rounds off to approximately zero. And, quelle surprise, new infections are surging. Whod'a thunk.

So it's back to using W*lmart grocery pickup, and double-masking (KN95+cloth) when I can't avoid going inside somewhere with people, even briefly. (Oh, and still no haircut for me. It's looking ... scary, or maybe sexy, depending on what you're into.)

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2021, 12:13:59 PM »
There is not a thing that someone can say to justify NOT getting this vaccination
Because you have an allergy
Because you're immunocompromised
Because you're underage
This signature is currently under construction.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2021, 12:39:34 PM »
Team Pfizer, y0. Pretty much the second they were available (actually, a couple days before, for various reasons) to us in WA. Did 'em at the event center next to the Sounders stadium; figured it was the only time I was gonna be able to park in that garage for less than $30. :) (It was free.) My vaccine cards sit proudly on the lanyard my Sounders game pass used to live on.

I've been poked and prodded so many times that the shot wasn't nuttin' but a thing. (In fact, having just turned fitty, I'm going in tomorrow to get my first of two chickenpox vaccines.)

And yer damn skippy I got my donut on the way home. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype, YIM, AIM: FredSmythe

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2021, 12:44:16 PM »
Because you have an allergy
Because you're immunocompromised
Because you're underage

Oh, FFS, Joe. If you can't mentally add "if you're medically eligible" to statements of that type, there's no hope for you. Seriously.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype, YIM, AIM: FredSmythe