Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Are You Fully Vaccinated?  (Read 13765 times)

Hastin

Re: Are You Fully Vaccinated?
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2021, 02:43:14 PM »
I participated in a Pfizer vaccine trial, and actually got my shots in September 2020 and October 2020. Some minor symptoms from the 1st shot (was really tired/groggy). I am still in that trial and go in every 8 weeks or so for blood draws to determine antibody count level.
-Hastin Zylstra :)

chris319

• Executive Producer
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2021, 03:02:55 PM »
This makes me feel so much better about the nation, the world and life in general:

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell claimed that Trump would be back in the White House by August 13.

It's the first time he's put a specific date to the groundless theory.

The 2020 election, which Biden won, will be "pulled down" and the "communists" routed, Lindell said.

Mark your calendars.

PYLdude

• Wardrobe furnished by Botany 500
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2021, 03:09:02 PM »
There is not a thing that someone can say to justify NOT getting this vaccination.

Oh, sure there is: "I am abjectly stupid and I believe in "Q". I think California wildfires were caused by laser beams from space ships run by the Rothschilds. I am so dumb I cannot find a pharmacy to get my shot anyway".

I've had several nice conversations with Bill Gates thanks to the microchip that was in the vaccine. We discussed his divorce and talked a little about his pal Warren Buffett.

Dick walks in the shot.  "Maybe if I said...'Because The Reinstatement is coming in 2 weeks and everything will be better then...'?" 

Heard you the first time.
Still crazy after all these years...but that's okay.

"I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, August 2012

PYLdude

« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2021, 03:11:57 PM »
Got my second shot of Pfizer on May 6th.  My side effects of the second shot were rough but like I was telling people at work who kept hemming and hawing about getting the shot, "it's still better than actually getting COVID".  An Uncle who already has horrible upper respiratory issues in the first place got COVID last year and he's STILL struggling to get back on his feet fully.

I was having a discussion with a customer of mine yesterday who had it and we talked about how some of his friends were leery of potential side effects due to ingredients in the vaccine itself.

I said, and he agreed, that if you really break it down to that much of brass tacks, no one would ever take anything to help themselves again, never mind vaccines.

"I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, August 2012

colonial

« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2021, 08:36:08 PM »
Got two Moderna vaccines this spring. Outside of a sore arm and slight fever that went away overnight, all went well. Given that I work in a 55+ community, being vaccinated was critical.

JD

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2021, 09:24:23 PM »
Because you have an allergy
Because you're immunocompromised
Because you're underage

Reasons why someone doesn't drink alcohol!

I don't know about you, but that was never a reason when I went to college.  :)
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2021, 11:18:59 PM »
Fully vaccinated.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

chrisholland03

« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2021, 11:00:10 AM »
Yep - 2 Pfizers for me.  The first one I was mildly achy for a day, the second one I was mildly blarfy for a day.  Overall would do again.

Kniwt

« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2021, 02:18:00 PM »
Here in the red heart of reddest Red America, the vax rate is disturbingly low, yet mask usage rounds off to approximately zero. And, quelle surprise, new infections are surging. Whod'a thunk.

May I ask what state this is?

Utah, the far-from-Salt-Lake part of Utah.

JMFabiano

« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2021, 05:11:07 PM »
There is not a thing that someone can say to justify NOT getting this vaccination.

Oh, sure there is: "I am abjectly stupid and I believe in "Q". I think California wildfires were caused by laser beams from space ships run by the Rothschilds. I am so dumb I cannot find a pharmacy to get my shot anyway".

I've had several nice conversations with Bill Gates thanks to the microchip that was in the vaccine. We discussed his divorce and talked a little about his pal Warren Buffett.

Dick walks in the shot.  "Maybe if I said...'Because The Reinstatement is coming in 2 weeks and everything will be better then...'?" 

Heard you the first time.

Heh.  Duly noted, half of that erased. 
Some days I need Dick Clark to step in and give me the perfect clue...

PYLdude

« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2021, 01:49:26 AM »
Show of hands…for those who experienced the side effects, how many of you had it on the first dose?

Mine knocked me out, and then the next day I felt like I was hung over.

RyanCDN

« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2021, 02:03:55 AM »
Back in January for me, Pfizer. 
Ryan
“I’ll give away a Zed.”

knagl

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2021, 02:56:48 AM »
Team Pfizer for me, got the shots as soon as I was eligible in my state. Mildly sore arm after the first one. Felt really lethargic the day after the second one (Brandon referred to it as "hung over" earlier in this thread, which was a good way to describe it for me too). Spent the day in bed resting and watching Buzzr. I ran a very mild fever for about three hours (about two degrees warmer than my normal). I knocked that down with two ibuprofens, and felt great the next day.

Show of hands…for those who experienced the side effects, how many of you had it on the first dose?

Anecdotally, almost everyone I know who had big side effects after the first shot previously had COVID. Not sure if that was the case for you or not.

chris319

• Executive Producer
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2021, 05:28:31 AM »
I had a mildly sore arm after the second dose of Moderna and that was it. I had more side effects after my flu shot: mild fever, mild chills and lethargy which I slept off in one day.

I can't figure out Sean Hannity's abrupt about-face on the topic of vaccinations. I have a feeling something happened behind the scenes. His new pro-vaccine message reeks of arm twisting by company lawyers, but I don't know. I no longer work for that vile company which is complicit in incalculable covid cases and perhaps even deaths due to the anti-vax propaganda put out by its whiney white boy.

Unfortunately, Faux news has a farther reach than former President Cheeto-head standing on a stage during one of his super-spreader events.

aaron sica

« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2021, 07:25:07 AM »

*Raises hand*, some soreness in the injection spot, body aches and chills, moreso (but not real bad) after the second. About 5 days after the second dose, had some bouts with nausea and vomiting that returned once a week for about 3 weeks.