Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Are You Fully Vaccinated?  (Read 28012 times)

SuperSweeper

Re: Are You Fully Vaccinated?
« Reply #255 on: September 13, 2022, 06:08:08 PM »
I got my second booster (Pfizer) about three weeks ago. No side effects, which was a very good feeling.

Strikerz04

• Shut it Down!
« Reply #256 on: September 13, 2022, 10:53:15 PM »
I've had the primary series and the first booster.  I had Covid in early June (an ultra mild case).  My doctor told me to wait a bit before getting the new booster since I had some immunity from the infection.
Echoing James’s question, did the doctor suggest how long to wait? I also had a mild case in mid-July but definitely want the next booster. Last one I got was New Year’s Eve.

Usually 3-6 months (enough time for the antibodies to get along but not long enough that you're still exposed).

I caught a relatively mild case (Swine Flu kicked my ass back in 09 and it was significantly worse) the first week in August, so I will likely get the booster before Winter Break (while the children are off campus, conflicting with going to see Elton John at Dodger Stadium mid-november).

/The marital unit, OTOH, still hasn't gotten Covid19 yet, and she's been more sociable than me.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 04:33:30 PM by Strikerz04 »

Casey

« Reply #257 on: September 14, 2022, 08:25:58 AM »
I've had the primary series and the first booster.  I had Covid in early June (an ultra mild case).  My doctor told me to wait a bit before getting the new booster since I had some immunity from the infection.
Echoing Jamesís question, did the doctor suggest how long to wait? I also had a mild case in mid-July but definitely want the next booster. Last one I got was New Yearís Eve.
His first comment was to wait until the booster with omicron was out (it wasn't a thing when I last saw him). But he said 3-6 months after the infection because the natural immunity is good.  I figured I would get the second booster in mid-late October along with the flu shot.  My last booster was in last October.

But I took my dad to get his booster shot yesterday.  (Somehow, he did not catch Covid from me when I visited last, even though we drove in a car unmasked for 4 hours together when I didn't realize I had it)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #258 on: September 15, 2022, 01:25:55 PM »
OK.  When would you go if you got booster 2?

I wanna say the guidance is three months from onset of symptoms. Some doctors have said four, but I think official CDC guidance is three. We looked into it because we had it in May.

Echoing Jamesís question, did the doctor suggest how long to wait? I also had a mild case in mid-July but definitely want the next booster. Last one I got was New Yearís Eve.

At this point, do make sure you can get the Omicron version though, as they are starting to become widely available - Walgreens stores at the minimum have been sending me email blasts telling me to sign up. (As I mentioned previous, way ahead of them. :))
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

geno57

« Reply #259 on: September 15, 2022, 07:12:08 PM »
Getting my third booster (fifth vax in all) tomorrow.

calliaume

« Reply #260 on: September 15, 2022, 09:00:25 PM »
Getting my third booster (fifth vax in all) tomorrow.
Doing the same on Saturday.

I am definitely in the minority of people in my circle in that I haven't had COVID-19, and I'm planning to keep it that way.

Kniwt

« Reply #261 on: September 16, 2022, 02:01:55 PM »
Got my 5th (Moderna bivalent) shot; just passed T+72hr with nothing worse than the typical slightly sore arm. (Back in 2021, Moderna #2 put me in bed with fever for four days.)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #262 on: September 23, 2022, 07:21:40 PM »
Got my 5th (Moderna bivalent) shot; just passed T+72hr with nothing worse than the typical slightly sore arm. (Back in 2021, Moderna #2 put me in bed with fever for four days.)

Yup, got mine yesterday too, plus my flu shot, same time, same arm. Arm's sore and tired, feeling a wee bit sluggish and maybe a hair fevered but that's it. More importantly, I'll be good to go for the Kraken game on Tuesday.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe