Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Are You Fully Vaccinated?  (Read 8872 times)

SuperMatch93

Re: Are You Fully Vaccinated?
« Reply #180 on: August 05, 2021, 09:21:57 PM »
Figured I'd post it in this thread since it's become a catch-all for COVID discussion (mods, feel free to delete if necessary), but Amber Lancaster tested positive for COVID.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhg0pTbWjr8
-William

"Game shows aren't about cruelty. They're about greed and wonderful prizes like poorly built catamarans." - Homer Simpson

Mr. Brown

« Reply #181 on: August 20, 2021, 05:39:01 PM »
So, my wife and I have both been fully vaccinated with Moderna in a state that has a 36% vaccination rate and who’s main export is the Delta Variant, since March of this year.

Wife had a breakthrough infection in July. She assumed she had allergies and was out and about traveling when she developed those symptoms. Came back home, made no effort to stay away from each other, and the next day she couldn’t smell or taste anything.

I did not come down with the ‘rona. And neither did the people who she traveled with or our three children. Her symptoms were super mild - loss of taste and smell, dry cough, and wicked fatigue. But, she was fine in a few days. I’m thankful we both got the vaccine.
Cheers,
Mr. Brown, Esq.
‎"I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body." -Charlie Sheen

chris319

• Executive Producer
« Reply #182 on: August 20, 2021, 06:03:07 PM »
I did not come down with the ‘rona. And neither did the people who she traveled with or our three children. Her symptoms were super mild - loss of taste and smell, dry cough, and wicked fatigue. But, she was fine in a few days. I’m thankful we both got the vaccine.

Great story. I'm glad to hear you are well.

I have this theory that there are some people who will never contract covid no matter what, even if they drank a glass full of the virus. Maybe they have some kind of natural immunity to it. My theory has no basis in medical fact that I know of, it's just a theory I have. For example, I have never had the mumps or a reaction to poison oak or poison ivy. When my brother had the mumps, my mother literally had me drinking out of the same glass my brother was using in hopes that I would get the mumps, but I never did. My pediatrician thought I was just never sensitized to poison oak or ivy.

Go figure.

mystery7

« Reply #183 on: August 20, 2021, 06:48:06 PM »
Some people really are just built with weird quirks like that - seemingly immune to anything, work best on 2 or 3 hours' sleep... Just got lucky genes.

I back your theory - it's a hell of a lot more plausible than hydroxycholoroquine and Lysol injections.

mrchips

« Reply #184 on: August 22, 2021, 11:38:17 AM »
J&J jab April 9, the first day my group (“everyone else”) was eligible. Second day of a two-day mass vaccination clinic at a local university.

With the local media hyping it for weeks in advance, I expected reservations to run out faster than seats at an AEW show. Nope, got my first choice of appointment times.

Thought there would be traffic backed up onto nearby arterials to get in. Nope, my only stop was at a crosswalk the National Guard was managing.

Well, surely I would have to park a mile away. Nope, the lot right across the street from the arena via the above crosswalk.

Oops, I was thirty minutes early. Should I wait my turn? Nope, go on in.

They predicted a turnout of 10,000 for the two days. Nope, south of 4,000.

Earlier this summer we spiked. Double-digit weekly deaths, practically all unvaccinated. ICUs full, practically all unvaccinated. Ambulances from all over lined up to supplement local EMS. Became the national hotspot. This had to make them wise up and get the shots, right? Nope, bent the curve up only a smidge. We’re at 45% as of Friday.

Like some others here, my card is in a badge holder on a lanyard I wear whenever I’m out. Helps make the world feel more like a convention space.

chris319

• Executive Producer
« Reply #185 on: August 22, 2021, 05:19:09 PM »
Earlier this summer we spiked. Double-digit weekly deaths, practically all unvaccinated. ICUs full, practically all unvaccinated. Ambulances from all over lined up to supplement local EMS. Became the national hotspot. This had to make them wise up and get the shots, right? Nope, bent the curve up only a smidge. We’re at 45% as of Friday.

Where is this?

It seems we were doing pretty well until the 4th of July, then ...

I saw a sound bite with a guy from the South who just wasn't going to get vaccinated no matter what. He was every stereotype of a hillbilly come to life. He made Cletus the Slack-Jawed Yokel look like a Nobel Prize winner. He was literally too dumb for words. The reporter pressed him a little bit and no, he wasn't going to get vaccinated. He didn't offer a specific reason. If he winds up in an ICU, assuming there is a bed available for him, he may well have no regrets about not being vaccinated. He may have to communicate this through a ventilator but no matter to him — he wasn't going to get vaccinated no matter what.

I'm sick of ignoramuses like this holding the rest of us hostage to this virus by spreading around a communicable disease, and Tucker Carlson or Laura Ingraham or Sean Hannity or "Q" telling them not to get vaccinated or that the vaccine doesn't work.

In the aggregate, Americans are too stupid for their own good and this pandemic proves it.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #186 on: August 23, 2021, 02:26:01 PM »
I have this theory that there are some people who will never contract covid no matter what, even if they drank a glass full of the virus. Maybe they have some kind of natural immunity to it. My theory has no basis in medical fact that I know of, it's just a theory I have.

I think this is true too, with exactly the same amount of medical proof (which is to say, none). Maybe one day we'll know, maybe it won't matter because of the vaccines, but either I had it the January before everything went to shit (about a week of the worst chills I've ever had, various cold symptoms, etc), or I didn't and I'm one of Those People, because I have to think I would have caught it by now otherwise, even taking the necessary (masks, distance, get your goddamn shot, etc) precautions.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype, YIM, AIM: FredSmythe

Mr. Brown

« Reply #187 on: August 23, 2021, 11:33:27 PM »
I have this theory that there are some people who will never contract covid no matter what, even if they drank a glass full of the virus. Maybe they have some kind of natural immunity to it. My theory has no basis in medical fact that I know of, it's just a theory I have. For example, I have never had the mumps or a reaction to poison oak or poison ivy. When my brother had the mumps, my mother literally had me drinking out of the same glass my brother was using in hopes that I would get the mumps, but I never did. My pediatrician thought I was just never sensitized to poison oak or ivy.

I honestly have the same theory. There's some science backing this up, at least as to coronaviruses... the British did a bunch of tests in the late 80s and early 90s where they intentionally infected several people with a coronavirus (specifically the common cold), and every time, a certain percentage of folks were clinically "infected" but never developed any symptoms. This research was pretty much ignored for 20+ years, because it dealt with the common cold coronavirus (and who the hell cares if you get a cold?), but has started to gain a lot of recognition.

I'm sure it happens with other viruses and bacteria, too.

I've never had a cold sore in my entire life, despite the fact that 99% of the entire world's adult population has HSV1. I've also had the flu exactly one time in my entire life and it was super mild.

So, who the hell knows - that's all anecdotal and doesn't mean squat. ;D
Cheers,
Mr. Brown, Esq.
‎"I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body." -Charlie Sheen

mrchips

« Reply #188 on: August 24, 2021, 11:38:54 AM »

Where is this?

Springfield, Missouri. The goober you saw might have been one of ours.

Strikerz04

• No Sale!
« Reply #189 on: August 25, 2021, 12:06:24 AM »
I have this theory that there are some people who will never contract covid no matter what, even if they drank a glass full of the virus. Maybe they have some kind of natural immunity to it. My theory has no basis in medical fact that I know of, it's just a theory I have.

I think this is true too, with exactly the same amount of medical proof (which is to say, none). Maybe one day we'll know, maybe it won't matter because of the vaccines, but either I had it the January before everything went to shit (about a week of the worst chills I've ever had, various cold symptoms, etc), or I didn't and I'm one of Those People, because I have to think I would have caught it by now otherwise, even taking the necessary (masks, distance, get your goddamn shot, etc) precautions.

I'd have to assume the same thing, after six days in Seattle (in November 2019), came back with a turrrribl sinus infection, and I've avoided everything and anything non-essential since.

Now, the last two months have been "Allergies, Wildfires, or COVID." and it's a game that I'd like to pass.

BrandonFG

« Reply #190 on: August 25, 2021, 05:12:36 PM »

In February or March of last year, my mom came down with pneumonia. She's fine now*, but the only reason I don't believe it was "The Rona" was because my grandmother and I both visited her in the hospital and neither of us got sick. But I always thought the timing was odd, given everything that happened immediately afterward.

*/Other than driving me up a wall
//Which means she's fine
"I’m not gonna miss a Biggie question, Sara.”

Now celebrating his 19th season on GSF!