Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jeopardy new season  (Read 8955 times)

Fedya

Re: Jeopardy new season
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2021, 07:47:17 PM »
I’m not sure why she just didn’t quit her show if they offered her the full time J! gig.

Perhaps she didn't want to screw over everybody else involved in the production of Call Me Kat.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

Mr. Matté

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2021, 09:15:40 PM »
I'm surprised at the number of people surprised that Mike is still producing both shows. I suppose it's more unheard of and the two examples I bring up both created/pitched the programs they hosted and produced, and they had a second hand in running things, but Monty hosted both daytime and syndie LMAD at the same time he produced both it and Split Second, I presume. And Jack Barry was hosting TJW and Break the Bank at the same time he was producing both and then eventually Tic Tac Dough. I just don't think it's as absurd as people might think for him to take on such a workload.

Based on what I've read/heard in other interviews, by the mid-70s/80s, Dan Enright was the main producer on the set during the shows. I'm not sure what day-to-day involvement Barry had on his shows (other than hosting the two aforementioned shows). With LMAD/SS, was Monty doing the day-to-day producing or was that Stefan Hatos, or was Hatos more on the business-end of production (à la Todman)?

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2021, 09:37:14 PM »
Production had wrapped on LMAD in the spring of 86, though, hadn’t it? I assume they didn’t start producing Split Second during the production, especially considering I don’t think Monty had any intentions of even starting it because he thought he would be doing something else with Worldvision that fall.

I was referring to the original versions of both shows. At the time of the original Split Second, LMAD was on in daytime on ABC and syndication at the time, IIRC.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Chuck Sutton

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2021, 11:41:04 PM »
I’m not sure why she just didn’t quit her show if they offered her the full time J! gig.

Perhaps she didn't want to screw over everybody else involved in the production of Call Me Kat.

She is under contract.  The production  company could sue.  Under the 13th Amendment's ban on involuntary servitude, a court cannot make her work on the show.  However the court could issue an injunction  against her working elsewhere in television during the contract.

Not sure Jeopardy's producers would want either the publicity or court hassle.

calliaume

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2021, 09:20:38 AM »

She is under contract.  The production company could sue.  Under the 13th Amendment's ban on involuntary servitude, a court cannot make her work on the show.  However the court could issue an injunction against her working elsewhere in television during the contract.
Bialik's own production company, Sad Clown Productions, is one of the many production companies involved with Call Me Kat. So is Jim Parsons' production company, Warner Brothers, and Fox.

This story is going to have legs for at least another year, so we may be resigned to seeing how it plays out.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2021, 12:09:10 PM »
As you recall, Fox put the kibosh on Gordon Elliot hosting TTTT 30+ years ago.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2021, 07:39:30 PM »
In all likelihood, Monty Hall and Jack Barry had people on staff who did the grunt work of producing the shows they emceed, such as writing questions and deals, booking contestants and prizes, keeping the budget, etc. All they had to do was show up at the studio to do the shows and cash their checks.