Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jeopardy new season  (Read 8892 times)

Kevin Prather

Re: Jeopardy new season
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2021, 09:27:07 PM »
That's what Countdown did right after Richard Whiteley died, but on the flipside, they're on their 4th or 5th host now.

Hell, with the exception of Colin Murray guest hosting, Countdown seems to have set 60 as a MINIMUM age requirement for their hosts.

JohnXXVII

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2021, 11:33:40 PM »
I hope the new host won't be a former newscaster. All the newscasters so far have been so dry, turning a dry show even dryer.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 11:51:42 PM by JohnXXVII »

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2021, 10:19:14 AM »
That's what Countdown did right after Richard Whiteley died, but on the flipside, they're on their 4th or 5th host now.

Hell, with the exception of Colin Murray guest hosting, Countdown seems to have set 60 as a MINIMUM age requirement for their hosts.

Jeff Stelling was in his 40s or 50s when they hired him, right? I thought he was set to be their long term hire until he decided to go back to Sky Sports.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2021, 11:26:21 PM »
Jeff Stelling was in his 40s or 50s when they hired him, right? I thought he was set to be their long term hire until he decided to go back to Sky Sports.

Looks like 53 for Stelling. I thought he was older. 68 for Hewer, 76 for Robinson.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2021, 02:14:55 AM »
It won't be Dr. Ian Smith.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Bob Zager

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2021, 12:50:43 PM »
Earlier today, I went to Jeopardy's website to play J!6.  The categories are the same as those airing today/tonight.  I thought maybe with this being Alex Trebek's date of birth, maybe there would be a category about his life and career (there wasn't).  However, the last two DJ! categories have me wondering if some news about the upcoming season (and new host) is near.  The categories are:

MARK YOU CALENDAR and SOMETHING BIG IS COMING!

Of course, the material will not likely be related, regardless!

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2021, 01:23:12 AM »
I'd say that GSN all but eliminating Master Minds from the schedule is the first clue as to whom the replacement could be. But who knows.
The only serious candidates are Mike Richards and Aaron Rodgers.  The other guest hosts either got (or will get) low ratings or have other gigs.  Women 18-34 are not going to be enthused with decidedly non-sexy Ken Jennings
Y’all keep trying it with these ill informed takes, huh?
. What part of my post was ill-informed?

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2021, 05:58:34 AM »
What part of my post was ill-informed?

The part where you said Mike Richards would hire himself because of his own sex appeal.

Bob Zager

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2021, 01:21:51 PM »
I don't know if anybody has an idea, but I've wondered if any major set changes are coming with the new season?  One thing I've noticed is that since Mike's guest-host outing, everyone has been standing at the host's lecturn.  I've often wondered if FJ will go back to the host standing in front of the main game board when giving the clue.

If reports are accurate, if the new College Championship is going to air in ABC-TV's primetime, it would have to air nightly, if 15 colleges are competing over two weeks.  Unless I'm misunderstanding something.

USAToday misstated that Richards will be stepping down from his producer's position.  Even the J! website says he will continue as EP, on J! and Wheel.

Now that the final decision has been announced, my local newspaper printed this story (just today) on Chuck Forrest (a Michigan native):

https://www.hometownlife.com/story/entertainment/2021/08/03/campaign-supports-birmingham-grad-jeopardy-champ-future-guest-host/5375130001/

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2021, 10:58:26 AM »
I'd say that GSN all but eliminating Master Minds from the schedule is the first clue as to whom the replacement could be. But who knows.
The only serious candidates are Mike Richards and Aaron Rodgers.  The other guest hosts either got (or will get) low ratings or have other gigs.  Women 18-34 are not going to be enthused with decidedly non-sexy Ken Jennings
Y’all keep trying it with these ill informed takes, huh?
. What part of my post was ill-informed?
Congrats, but unless you're outing yourself as an industry insider, your take was no more informed than mine or just about anyone else's on the board. Being right and being ill informed are not mutually exclusive.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2021, 03:59:21 PM »
If I were an insider, I'D be the new host of Jeopardy! :)

TimK2003

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2021, 05:26:56 PM »

cmjb13

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2021, 07:04:45 PM »
Per this article:  https://popculture.com/tv-shows/news/jeopardy-reportedly-wanted-mayim-bialik-full-time-host-heres-what-happened/, allegedly Mayim was the top choice.
Maybe the ratings with Richards will tank enough where they could move Mayim over if she’s no longer doing her show. Maybe Sony could spin it as now Richards will have more time to focus on producing.

I’m not sure why she just didn’t quit her show if they offered her the full time J! gig. Long term, J! would seem to be the job with more long-term stability, no?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2021, 07:24:46 PM »
Per this article:  https://popculture.com/tv-shows/news/jeopardy-reportedly-wanted-mayim-bialik-full-time-host-heres-what-happened/, allegedly Mayim was the top choice.
Maybe the ratings with Richards will tank enough where they could move Mayim over if she’s no longer doing her show. Maybe Sony could spin it as now Richards will have more time to focus on producing.

I’m not sure why she just didn’t quit her show if they offered her the full time J! gig. Long term, J! would seem to be the job with more long-term stability, no?
Well, the "reportedly" comes from "sources who told TMZ." And I wouldn't be surprised if that anonymous source requested to go by Rike Michards.

Otherwise, it is a little surprising, but maybe she thinks it would be too consuming for her time if she wants to continue acting, whether it be in her current sitcom or future projects.

I'm surprised at the number of people surprised that Mike is still producing both shows. I suppose it's more unheard of and the two examples I bring up both created/pitched the programs they hosted and produced, and they had a second hand in running things, but Monty hosted both daytime and syndie LMAD at the same time he produced both it and Split Second, I presume. And Jack Barry was hosting TJW and Break the Bank at the same time he was producing both and then eventually Tic Tac Dough. I just don't think it's as absurd as people might think for him to take on such a workload.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2021, 07:35:06 PM »
Production had wrapped on LMAD in the spring of 86, though, hadn’t it? I assume they didn’t start producing Split Second during the production, especially considering I don’t think Monty had any intentions of even starting it because he thought he would be doing something else with Worldvision that fall.

I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022