Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jeopardy new season  (Read 8891 times)

Card Shark

Jeopardy new season
« on: July 13, 2021, 05:58:27 PM »
An article I read today about J! indicated that the new permanent host will possibly be chosen by the time the new season starts taping based on what the Sony execs want. Does anyone have any information on when they start rolling for the next season?
Adam Strom

Jeremy Nelson

Re: Jeopardy new season
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 06:34:44 PM »
Guest hosts run through early August, so I'm guessing they're going to wait until after that's done before making an official announcement. That being said, it wouldn't be surprising at all if someone has already been chosen and a lot of penalty-ridden NDAs have been signed by a very small group.

All in all, I wouldn't count on any news until mid-August, which would give them about a month to do the press rounds and release a steady stream of promotional materials.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

tyshaun1

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 06:56:13 AM »
I'd say that GSN all but eliminating Master Minds from the schedule is the first clue as to whom the replacement could be. But who knows.

tvwxman

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2021, 07:53:50 AM »
Why? If it's Ken, I'd want that show all over the sched for cross-promotion value.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2021, 09:07:41 AM »
The only serious candidates are Mike Richards and Aaron Rodgers.  The other guest hosts either got (or will get) low ratings or have other gigs.  Women 18-34 are not going to be enthused with decidedly non-sexy Ken Jennings
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2021, 09:56:56 AM »
The only serious candidates are Mike Richards and Aaron Rodgers.  The other guest hosts either got (or will get) low ratings or have other gigs.
8/10.  You tried.

BrandonFG

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2021, 10:42:31 AM »
You're far too kind. :P
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

chargeradiocom

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2021, 10:59:53 AM »
The only serious candidates are Mike Richards and Aaron Rodgers.  The other guest hosts either got (or will get) low ratings or have other gigs.
8/10.  You tried.
In fairness, there is some talk that he might sit out this season due to a dispute with the Packers.

/ Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it, too.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2021, 11:43:17 AM »
Aaron Rodgers has a limited number of years left in the NFL, between 3 and maybe 6, plus he's likely making north of $35M this year.  Unless his relationship with the Packers is that strained (and I think it is) and Green Bay refuses to trade him for some capital, I don't see Rodgers taking what would probably be an 80% pay cut.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2021, 12:32:09 PM »
I'd say that GSN all but eliminating Master Minds from the schedule is the first clue as to whom the replacement could be. But who knows.
The only serious candidates are Mike Richards and Aaron Rodgers.  The other guest hosts either got (or will get) low ratings or have other gigs.  Women 18-34 are not going to be enthused with decidedly non-sexy Ken Jennings
Y’all keep trying it with these ill informed takes, huh?
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2021, 08:36:19 PM »
Y’all keep trying it with these ill informed takes, huh?

As a jilted Bears fan, I'm "Aaron for the Lectern."

In reality...what are the odds in vegas?

Stackertosh

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2021, 05:02:11 PM »
Aaron Rodgers was so boring on Jeopardy.

I thought Levar Burton wanted the job. He said it multiple times. I think if he does a good job guest hosting and gets the ratings he should be considered

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2021, 06:43:19 PM »

I thought Levar Burton wanted the job. He said it multiple times. I think if he does a good job guest hosting and gets the ratings he should be considered
  Levar is in his early 60's, so that may be a strike against him.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

SuperSweeper

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2021, 07:39:10 PM »
Wheel of Fortune begins taping for the new season next week. I'd imagine we will hear something regarding Jeopardy! here in the next week or two.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2021, 05:15:23 PM »

Levar is in his early 60's, so that may be a strike against him.
Not necessarily. If they don't think they have their next long term host, they could choose someone older who may only do the job for a decade. That's what Countdown did right after Richard Whiteley died, but on the flipside, they're on their 4th or 5th host now.