Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show "Channels" On Roku,...Etc... Thread.  (Read 95840 times)

Chelsea Thrasher

Re: Game Show "Channels" On Roku,...Etc... Thread.
« Reply #135 on: March 27, 2023, 08:34:05 PM »
Content on the Wheel and J! channels on Pluto is being changed out/added onto. The Wheel stream and On Demand section has added 100 episodes between 2002-2012 (The first time anything newer than 2015 has shown up on streaming period), and they appear to have dumped out a lot of the J! episodes originally posted that had been part of previous streaming collections and they've added a couple of blocs of eps from the 2010s.

colonial

« Reply #136 on: March 28, 2023, 08:51:58 AM »
Pluto TV now has a 24-hour "5th Grader" channel in its Game Show section. At this point, it appears to be nothing but episodes from the two-season syndicated run.

JD

cmjb13

« Reply #137 on: April 03, 2023, 08:40:51 PM »
Fremantle: The Bump game is too suggestive for the audience.

Also Fremantle, e'ry damn day:
(Picture in above comment)

Bing-freakin'-go!

The episode airing now showed Bump unedited
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 08:59:53 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #138 on: April 03, 2023, 11:14:00 PM »

The "new" episodes tonight appear to be what had been scheduled before they removed Bump.  It was probably a mistake, but I'm certainly hoping otherwise.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #139 on: April 04, 2023, 03:35:18 AM »
It was probably a mistake, but I'm certainly hoping otherwise.

My money is squarely on "mistake" (they wouldn't have intentionally run 5831D on both Saturday and Monday), but it is interesting to get apparent confirmation that they had those four Bump episodes converted and ready to go before they were pulled.

And the Bump episode that they accidentally ran had a Showcase Showdown that was a lot of fun, so I'm glad we got to see it.

cmjb13

« Reply #140 on: April 04, 2023, 08:08:36 AM »

The "new" episodes tonight appear to be what had been scheduled before they removed Bump.  It was probably a mistake, but I'm certainly hoping otherwise.

The 2nd episode that ran last night was shown a day or two ago, so very likely a mistake
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

chrisholland03

« Reply #141 on: April 04, 2023, 10:53:49 AM »
I'm not convinced the motives for withholding the episodes was 'because they were bad' or had 'bad' content. 

cmjb13

« Reply #142 on: April 04, 2023, 11:41:15 AM »
I'm not convinced the motives for withholding the episodes was 'because they were bad' or had 'bad' content.
There was an episode a few days ago that had an edit in Safecrackers that looked like the channel purposely edited something out

Then again, a recent episode had an Oriental chest that had copy that was read in full.

So who knows at this point.

chrisholland03

« Reply #143 on: April 04, 2023, 12:54:56 PM »
There are also examples where episodes are clipped in one airing and intact in subsequent airings. 

We love a good conspiracy theory around here.

BrandonFG

« Reply #144 on: April 18, 2023, 10:19:13 PM »
According to Fremantle’s IG, looks like we’re getting a new Feud streaming channel?

H/T Dave Roman
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Sodboy13

« Reply #145 on: April 18, 2023, 11:43:25 PM »
That graphic is suggesting two very different eras of the show at the same time, and I am here for the rampant speculation.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

BrandonFG

« Reply #146 on: April 19, 2023, 12:05:30 AM »
The one clip on IG is from a Dawson episode, so who knows?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #147 on: April 19, 2023, 02:52:35 AM »
I'm going to bet on the long shot of Louie Anderson's version, which would fit nothing in that image.

aaron sica

« Reply #148 on: April 19, 2023, 07:18:41 AM »
Hopefully it comes to other platforms besides Vizio.

Chief-O

• Speaks digi-talk
« Reply #149 on: April 19, 2023, 10:00:29 AM »
Hopefully it comes to other platforms besides Vizio.

I'm surprised they mentioned Vizio in particular. I believe the other Fremantle-owned GS streaming channels are all on Pluto TV.....which you *don't* need a Vizio TV to view. Vizio does, however, have "WatchFree+", which mostly includes the Pluto channels among a few non-Pluto offerings.

Otherwise, also hoping for Dawson and Combs.