Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show "Channels" On Roku,...Etc... Thread.  (Read 95813 times)

cmjb13

Re: Game Show "Channels" On Roku,...Etc... Thread.
« Reply #105 on: October 17, 2022, 04:11:36 PM »
The Barker TPIR channel will be adding another 50 episodes to the rotation starting Monday, 10/24. Unlike previous adds, this will be done as a sort of primetime attraction, with 2 new episodes coming in nightly at 8 ET and 9 ET through 11/17.

Is it just me or does the Pluto app no longer list episode numbers like they used to?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

TimK2003

« Reply #106 on: November 05, 2022, 10:27:19 PM »
FYI:  Original episodes of Legends Of The Hidden Temple have surfaced on Pluto Kids channel 3240,  aka the No Parents Allowed channel.

TimK2003

« Reply #107 on: January 08, 2023, 12:34:20 AM »
Bonusround.ca is now a channel available on Roku!

Many of your favorite game shows from Canada are now on demand, including Definition, Super Pay Cards, LMAD, Mad Dash, Talk About, Pitfall, etc...

Enjoy!

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #108 on: January 08, 2023, 06:56:44 PM »
Bonusround.ca is now a channel available on Roku!
Many of your favorite game shows from Canada are now on demand, including Definition, Super Pay Cards, LMAD, Mad Dash, Talk About, Pitfall, etc...

This is such good news.  Love my Roku.  There was a warning when I added it that there may be additional charges, but the first Definition episode I called up was free, so I don't know exactly what the model is.

I think the thing I love most abut Definition is that after every solution, Jim Perry acts like he's discovering puns for the first time.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

chad1m

« Reply #109 on: January 08, 2023, 08:14:03 PM »
This is such good news.  Love my Roku.  There was a warning when I added it that there may be additional charges, but the first Definition episode I called up was free, so I don't know exactly what the model is.

From the BonusRound.ca Facebook, it's a free preview as the Roku channel launches. Assumedly, it will eventually require the same subscription model as the website. An additional comment further enlightens:

We've got the streaming channel quietly running as of this afternoon on Roku but somehow the "subscription" feature isn't working yet so we are trying to fix that before making a bigger announcement. We can't keep it up without subscriptions (we are going to try and make the Roku channel work at $1.99/month).

TimK2003

« Reply #110 on: January 08, 2023, 08:26:38 PM »
I *thought* there was a fee associated with their direct bonusgame.ca website.  It's been a while since I first heard of the site.

I was viewing a variety of the shows and how many episodes collectively there are -- a couple of bucks a month would definitely be worth it!

Also on the Roku app, when they list the "year" of the show, it looks like the approximate time  the shows were added to the website, and it looks like there will possibly be more shows added down the road.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 08:42:26 PM by TimK2003 »

gamed121683

« Reply #111 on: January 08, 2023, 09:00:05 PM »
Semi-related question here, but can you watch Roku's slice of the BonusRound.ca channel without a Roku Player and if so how? I have a feeling I'm SOL, but...doesn't hurt to ask.

snowpeck

« Reply #112 on: January 08, 2023, 09:03:47 PM »
Semi-related question here, but can you watch Roku's slice of the BonusRound.ca channel without a Roku Player and if so how? I have a feeling I'm SOL, but...doesn't hurt to ask.
Nope. Only other way to watch is on the website.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

chargeradiocom

« Reply #113 on: January 09, 2023, 02:10:44 PM »
FWIW, there is an iOS app now. No idea whether it’s castable or not, and I don’t believe it has the Roku loophole. If it’s there, I haven’t found it.

And speaking of the BonusRound website, I noticed Norton Safeweb is giving it a phishing alert, though I haven’t detected it spitting any malware onto my computer. Is it just not being recognized as a valid e-commerce site yet? Or is there a problem with the site?

colonial

« Reply #114 on: March 01, 2023, 09:17:03 AM »
Received an email from J! just now saying that a "new batch of episodes" has been added to the J! Pluto channel. No specifics as to what's been added.

UPDATE: Based on postings elsewhere, the IBM Challenge and the runs of Buzzy Cohen and Austin Rogers have been added to the Pluto channel, along with the 2016 Teen, 2017 College and 2017 Teachers Tournaments.

JD
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 04:02:19 PM by colonial »

golden-road

« Reply #115 on: March 03, 2023, 10:37:19 PM »
And now Pluto TV becomes Freakin' Pluto TV with Freakin' Studs.

https://pluto.tv/en/on-demand/series/639d024a4da5ab001303bfb2/details/season/1

rwalker

« Reply #116 on: March 03, 2023, 11:57:00 PM »
And now Pluto TV becomes Freakin' Pluto TV with Freakin' Studs.

https://pluto.tv/en/on-demand/series/639d024a4da5ab001303bfb2/details/season/1

We got our April Fool's present early?

TimK2003

« Reply #117 on: March 04, 2023, 12:20:02 AM »
^^ I didn't realize how old that show is now, but let's just say some of those freakin' sruds & stud-ettes are now freakin' grandparents!

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #118 on: March 09, 2023, 10:08:07 AM »
New batch of 48 episodes will start rotating in on the Barker Era TPiR channel, 2x per night, 7 days per week at 8pm ET / 5pm PT, starting on Monday (3/13) through April 5th. This batch will take us into season 14 (Specifically up to mid October) including the debut of Bump. Shows 5742D-5835D with one unannounced skip.

snowpeck

« Reply #119 on: March 13, 2023, 07:38:15 PM »
New batch of 48 episodes will start rotating in on the Barker Era TPiR channel, 2x per night, 7 days per week at 8pm ET / 5pm PT, starting on Monday (3/13) through April 5th. This batch will take us into season 14 (Specifically up to mid October) including the debut of Bump. Shows 5742D-5835D with one unannounced skip.
They just announced they're also skipping 5795, 5803, 5811, 5823 and 5825, which means every playing of Bump in this batch is being skipped. The total number of new episodes is reduced to 44.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)