Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show "Channels" On Roku,...Etc... Thread.  (Read 95957 times)

TimK2003

Re: Game Show "Channels" On Roku,...Etc... Thread.
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2022, 10:00:06 PM »
I noticed on the Barker era TPIR episodes that are shown on the Roku Channel take less commercial breaks, meaning they may go 3 or more segments before a commercial break. So they don't necessarily start at the top of each hour, like on Pluto.

calliaume

« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2022, 10:36:35 AM »
Pluto TV now has five dedicated game show channels:

- Pluto Game Shows
- The Price Is Right: The Barker Era
- Buzzr
- Deal or No Deal
- Game Show Central

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2022, 11:36:09 AM »
6--Escape Perfecto.

Kniwt

« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2022, 12:36:54 PM »
6--Escape Perfecto.

I still don't understand why Pluto's Escape Perfecto channel isn't the real Sony Canal Competencias that's on all the other streaming services. The episodes on Pluto are different from those on Competencias (often different seasons), but they're all obviously coming from the Sony mothership. (And, IIRC, the Pluto channel didn't switch during the holiday-season to Ruleta Rusa and EP Colombia.)

Pluto carries Sony Canal Comedias, but not Sony Canal Novelas. It seems weird.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2022, 01:55:47 PM »
6--Escape Perfecto.
(And, IIRC, the Pluto channel didn't switch during the holiday-season to Ruleta Rusa and EP Colombia.)
They did.  I want to say eight or twelve 90-minute Ruleta Rusa installments aired.  I can't speak for Colombian EP.

It looks like they're showing Mexican episodes.  Within the last week, my Pluto TV guide gives more details about shows, like what network it aired on or the country in which it aired.  TBH, it's a little redundant saying Deal or No Deal US because Pluto's Deal channel has only shown that.

Kniwt

« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2022, 10:29:26 AM »
Quick update on Sony Canal Competencias: As of this morning (11-Apr), they've again started showing the Colombian version of Escape Perfecto for the first time since the beginning of this year.

Enjoy the delightfully large money displays of Colombian pesos, today equal to US$0.00027. :)

Stream: https://www.xumo.tv/on-now/9999762/sony-canal-competencias

Kniwt

« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2022, 12:32:21 PM »
A technical question for y'alls: I really want to, er, permanently obtain the Escape Perfecto Colombia episodes that are now running on Sony Competencias before they go away again, but I'm having difficulty.

I'm on a truly ancient Mac (10.12). I've tried the various VLC hacks here, to no avail, against the Competencias stream on Xumo.

Any ideas? Thanks for any help.

snowpeck

« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2022, 01:18:52 PM »
A technical question for y'alls: I really want to, er, permanently obtain the Escape Perfecto Colombia episodes that are now running on Sony Competencias before they go away again, but I'm having difficulty.

I'm on a truly ancient Mac (10.12). I've tried the various VLC hacks here, to no avail, against the Competencias stream on Xumo.

Any ideas? Thanks for any help.
Copy and paste this link into VLC.

https://d26ryn1s9vxsg0.cloudfront.net/v1/manifest/3fec3e5cac39a52b2132f9c66c83dae043dc17d4/prod-xumo-linear-main-hlsv3/24c4260f-18d2-46f5-8e4c-26dbf1202438/3.m3u8
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Kniwt

« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2022, 01:51:13 PM »
Oooo, nice! I see the stream in VLC now, so I'll try recording it and see what happens. Thanks.

Edit to add: Still couldn't get it to save a valid recording, but I pulled a slightly-less-ancient PC out of the fallout shelter and it worked perfectly there. Thanks again!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 11:09:23 PM by Kniwt »

Casey Buck

« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2022, 07:47:17 PM »
XUMO has added Buzzr, Fear Factor USA, TPIR: The Barker Era, Supermarket Sweep, and WipeoutXtra live channels.

Also, The Roku Channel has added syndie DoND for on demand viewing.

chargeradiocom

« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2022, 01:39:36 PM »
XUMO has added Buzzr, Fear Factor USA, TPIR: The Barker Era, Supermarket Sweep, and WipeoutXtra live channels.

Also, The Roku Channel has added syndie DoND for on demand viewing.
On that note, Xumo’s Family Feud channel appears to have gotten a bit of an overhaul as well. Initially it was all Harvey YouTube clips, and there is still plenty of that. But in the last few days, I’ve also spotted them playing full episodes from the Combs and Karn eras. Xumo also now has a fair number of Dawson-era full episodes as On Demand content from the Feud channel.

On a more disappointing note, BUZZR has apparently left both Plex and LocalNow. Neither service ever picked up the full Fremantle suite (TPIR, Sweep, Baywatch, etc), fwiw.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 03:24:40 PM by chargeradiocom »

Bryce L.

« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2022, 01:52:38 PM »
Xumo also now has a fair number of Dawson-era full episodes as On Demand content from the Feud channel.
Are these the same episodes hosted on Amazon Prime, or different ones?

snowpeck

« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2022, 02:27:08 PM »
Xumo also now has a fair number of Dawson-era full episodes as On Demand content from the Feud channel.
There's no Dawson. It's all Combs, Anderson and Karn.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Bryce L.

« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2022, 02:40:10 PM »
Again, I'd presume duplicates (at least for Combs and Anderson) of the ones on Amazon Prime?

chargeradiocom

« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2022, 03:24:09 PM »
I stand corrected. The screen cap identified them as Dawson, so I took them at their word, as it were.

Again, I'd presume duplicates (at least for Combs and Anderson) of the ones on Amazon Prime?
No idea. I never watched them on Prime or bothered to track them. I imagine there’s someone here who can clarify.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 03:35:39 PM by chargeradiocom »