Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show "Channels" On Roku,...Etc... Thread.  (Read 95816 times)

TimK2003

Game Show "Channels" On Roku,...Etc... Thread.
« on: July 02, 2021, 10:04:17 PM »
Might as well start an official thread for new apps/channels found on Rokus/Fire Sticks/AppleTVs that either rerun game shows or have individual "channels" devoted to a single game show, as I seem to stumble across new ones every so often.

On (at least) Roku, there is a Local Now channel you can add, that has a channel devoted entirely to "Funny You Should Ask" reruns.  Not surprising as it looks like Byron Allen's TV empire may have a hand in this channel.

(I know, it may be about as far down the bottom of the barrel as you can get for the lather, rinse, repeat shows), but I have a feeling we may see more of these "channels" appear in the future...hence the new thread).

gamed121683

Re: Game Show "Channels" On Roku,...Etc... Thread.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2021, 12:04:45 AM »
Great idea, Tim! Below is a list of game show reruns found on some streaming channels as of July 2, 2021. Of course, feel free to add
any additional shows or channels that I'm missing.

Netflix
--Jeopardy!
--Wheel of Fortune

Roku
--Deal or No Deal (Synd.)
--Weakest Link (Synd.)
--Celebrity Name Game
--On The Cover

Tubi
--Beat Shazam
--25 Words or Less
--Name That Tune (Lange & Krakowski)
--Take A Good Look

Amazon Prime
--13 titles from the Buzzr archives (Family Feud, Press Your Luck, Trebek's Double Dare, et al.)

*They used to have the network version of 5th Grader, but it was recently pulled. Odd considering doesn't Amazon own the rights to that show now?

Chief-O

• Speaks digi-talk
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2021, 12:36:17 AM »
Pluto TV: Buzzr, TPIR Barker Era, and DOND.

("American Gladiators" too, if you consider that a game show)

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2021, 12:37:04 AM »
Great idea, Tim! Below is a list of game show reruns found on some streaming channels as of July 2, 2021. Of course, feel free to add

Netflix
--Jeopardy!
--Wheel of Fortune

Roku
--Deal or No Deal (Synd.)
--Weakest Link (Synd.)
--Celebrity Name Game
--On The Cover

Tubi
--Beat Shazam
--25 Words or Less
--Name That Tune (Lange & Krakowski)
--Take A Good Look

Amazon Prime
--13 titles from the Buzzr archives (Family Feud, Press Your Luck, Trebek's Double Dare, et al.)

*They used to have the network version of 5th Grader, but it was recently pulled. Odd considering doesn't Amazon own the rights to that show now?
Street Smarts is streaming somewhere too, IIRC.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

SuperMatch93

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2021, 04:44:07 AM »
Amazon Prime also has a non-Buzzr offering: Celebrity Bowling.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

SamJ93

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2021, 09:47:32 AM »
Pluto also has Game Show Central, streaming various GSN originals including Baggage, America Says, Lingo (Engvall version only, sadly), 1 vs. 100 and Minute To Win It. The only pre-2009 show I've seen on the channel is Cram in the early morning hours.
It was Bob Barker. He was eating a bologna and cheese-ball sandwich.

nowhammies10

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2021, 10:15:46 AM »
Street Smarts is streaming somewhere too, IIRC.

They're posting full episodes and clips to their YouTube channel. It looks to be going in series order; the most recent full episode still has the contestants in the armchairs.

colonial

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2021, 11:47:11 AM »
Amazon Prime also has two seasons of Pointless Celebrities available for viewing, as well as every episode of Million Dollar Money Drop (a very random show to be offered).

Britbox has episodes of civilian Pointless, but unsure which seasons are available.

Looking through the Pluto TV listings, it appears the Tween channel shows old Nick games like Hidden Temple and Figure It Out. They also show 5th Grader, but unsure which version.

JD

Kniwt

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2021, 12:29:34 PM »
Sony Canal Escape Perfecto is on Pluto. Airs episodes from S01-02 of the Mexican version.

Sony Canal Competencias, which is a different feed, is on Plex, Xumo, et al. (but not on Pluto). Every time I've checked, it's showing Escape Perfecto Mexico, but on a different schedule from Sony Canal Escape Perfecto. Its webpage, however, claims that it also airs the Chilean version of Russian Roulette ("Ruleta Rusa"), but I've never seen it come up ... and the channel schedules I've seen so far don't list individual program titles.

TimK2003

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2021, 10:35:06 PM »

Amazon Prime

I don't know how long it's been on Amazon Prime, but now when you pull up the Match Game '73 list of episodes, they now have one of the pilot episodes as "Episode 1".

Bryce L.

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2021, 12:40:53 AM »

Amazon Prime

I don't know how long it's been on Amazon Prime, but now when you pull up the Match Game '73 list of episodes, they now have one of the pilot episodes as "Episode 1".
Been that way as long as the 1973 episodes have been on offer, as far as I could tell (they've got Pilot A designated as "Episode 000").

chargeradiocom

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2021, 01:11:59 PM »
On (at least) Roku, there is a Local Now channel you can add, that has a channel devoted entirely to "Funny You Should Ask" reruns.  Not surprising as it looks like Byron Allen's TV empire may have a hand in this channel.
It does. Local Now started as a Weather Channel spinoff, with local weather, news, sports, traffic & even restaurant review bits based on the viewer’s zip code, mixed in with national news updates & lifestyle videos. They still have the original Local Now channel, but a few months ago they added a Pluto-like streaming service with additional channels. Much of the additional content is from Allen Group, but they’ve brought some outside channels on board as well—BUZZR being one of them.

And yeah, Local Now is available on pretty much all the major streaming devices.

Looking through the Pluto TV listings, it appears the Tween channel shows old Nick games like Hidden Temple and Figure It Out. They also show 5th Grader, but unsure which version.
The Cena/Nick version, I’m sure… unless they’ve just signed an agreement to start running Foxworthy’s versions as well.

On another note… Looking at lists like these, as well as their movie offerings, it’s a bit striking that Sony has so many streaming outlets, but nothing for their massive classic game show library. I know they had a few J! eps on Crackle when they owned that service, but nothing to speak of since. I suppose they could always launch their own BUZZR-like streaming channel; but it seems that if they had the appetite to do that, they’d have done so instead of Game Show Central, Escape Perfecto & the like. (It’s one reason that personally I don’t buy into the idea that Sony classics could never in a million years show up on BUZZR—but that’s probably for another discussion.)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 05:40:28 PM by chargeradiocom »

trainman

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2021, 10:21:00 PM »
Britbox has episodes of civilian Pointless, but unsure which seasons are available.

Right now, they only have the 55 episodes of Series 23.
trainman is a man of trains

Allstar87

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2021, 10:50:26 PM »
Tubi also has the NBC run of DOND...if it's not the entire run, it's pretty darn close. They have the entirety of Million Dollar Money Drop, as well as the first seasons of Game of Talents and I Can See Your Voice.

And if you're a big fan of the Big Balls, they have the first seasons of the Australian, British, AND Canadian versions of Wipeout!

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2021, 01:11:11 AM »
Tubi also has, of all things, Season 2 of the Spanish version of Boom!.