Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr/GSN Numbering System for I've Got a Secret  (Read 770 times)

Matt Ottinger

Buzzr/GSN Numbering System for I've Got a Secret
« on: March 06, 2024, 06:38:03 PM »
I could use some help from those of you who keep very meticulous track of the comings and goings of the Buzzr and GSN schedules.  A couple of you recently pointed out the odd way they number the classic shows.  To wit:

Fairly confident that #67_0002 is with guest Pearl Bailey, and #66_0027 with [Lucille Ball]

Wherein the first number is (obviously) the calendar year, and the second number is sequentially the number of that episode within the calendar year. Except that they're only counting the episodes they have in their collection, not the actual number of episodes produced.  So, for example, the Pearl Bailey show of January 23 is the second one they have from 1967, even though it's actually the third one from that year.  And the "0027" from 1966 does not take into account five episodes from earlier in the year that do not appear to be in the Fremantle archive.

What I am looking for -- and I realize it's a weird request -- is other examples of that numbering system when it comes specifically to Secret.  I'm hoping to use that information to help me figure out what's genuinely missing from the Fremantle vaults, and what might have been skipped over for some entirely different reason.  I still think, as I've said elsewhere, that it's a ridiculous numbering system.  I'm just hoping to use it to my advantage in my research.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Jimmy Owen

Re: Buzzr/GSN Numbering System for I've Got a Secret
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2024, 01:26:30 PM »
If TV Guide listings are accurate, I have most of the TV Guides from fall 56 and after
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Matt Ottinger

Re: Buzzr/GSN Numbering System for I've Got a Secret
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2024, 04:19:40 PM »
If TV Guide listings are accurate, I have most of the TV Guides from fall 56 and after

I'm not sure where you were when I announced that I had made this:  https://ivegotasecret.nicepage.io

A list of episodes is not what I'm looking for.  I'm way, way beyond that.  I was hoping to use the Fremantle numbering system to verify how many (and which) episodes THEY have, and which ones might be missing from their collection.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.