Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN Ratings  (Read 2417 times)

mmb5

GSN Ratings
« on: January 02, 2024, 07:54:22 PM »
According to whatever Variety put together, GSN has a higher full day audience than ESPN2, Nickelodeon, and Cartoon Network.  No numbers for BUZZR however.

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/most-watched-channels-2023-tv-network-ratings-1235850482/
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Re: GSN Ratings
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2024, 01:09:24 AM »
To piggyback on Mike’s post, some numbers are out that shows Split Second in the top 300 of all of TV at #297 with Blank Slate close behind at #319.  Unless I’m misinterpreting the data, programs lower in viewership include the Harvey Feud reruns, American Dad reruns on Adult Swim, and NHL coverage on ESPN:

https://www.nationalmediaspots.com/stats-us-cable-broadcast-tv-show-rankings.php

Not to take this too far afield from the original topic, but I feel it’s tangentially related to something I was discussing off-Forum with another member:

405,000 viewers seems pretty solid for a show on a cable network these days.  They can’t find one advertiser to pay for a 15 second plug to give the losers a couple hundred bucks each? 
--Mark
Phil 4:13

mmb5

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2024, 07:59:23 PM »
Very interesting data.

Some observations:

-- Have network news shows traditionally beat *everything* non-football in prime time or is this a new trend?
-- Not only was CNN This Morning beat out by Split Second, it was also beat out by a car auction
-- Nobody watches Undisputed
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2024, 08:12:52 PM »
Can't remember if it's this show or First Take, but anytime Skip Bayless tweeted some nonsense (redundant, I know) folks on Twitter would troll him in the comments about his show being beaten by Paw Patrol.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2024, 08:36:46 PM »
405,000 viewers seems pretty solid for a show on a cable network these days.  They can’t find one advertiser to pay for a 15 second plug to give the losers a couple hundred bucks each?
I assume it's not something they're actively pursuing for one reason or another. I don't disagree with you, but there's also something nice about having a daytime game show not being sponsored by a slots app in 2024.
This signature is currently under construction.

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2024, 11:46:43 PM »
Very interesting data.

Some observations:

I did... For Shannon