Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MGHS and Kim Hood  (Read 14013 times)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Re: MGHS and Kim Hood
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2021, 09:59:12 AM »
Any bets on whether or not Buzzr makes it to the end of the run on this cycle?
I know for a fact not on this cycle; they loop back to episode 76 on Monday July 12th, after reaching 166 on Friday the 9th.
Dang—we miss Woolery by three shows.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

BillCullen1

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2021, 11:01:23 AM »
Any bets on whether or not Buzzr makes it to the end of the run on this cycle?
I know for a fact not on this cycle; they loop back to episode 76 on Monday July 12th, after reaching 166 on Friday the 9th.
Dang—we miss Woolery by three shows.

Also Arlene Francis, who I believe was on the same week as Chuck.

catnap1972

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2021, 08:07:48 AM »
I'm assuming something inappropriate was said/motioned during that question with Marty Cohen last night about Idi Amin's autograph.  The obvious edits were dizzying.

Mr. Matté

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2021, 09:50:26 AM »
I'm assuming something inappropriate was said/motioned during that question with Marty Cohen last night about Idi Amin's autograph.  The obvious edits were dizzying.

On one of the episodes with Michael Winslow, he had an answer in MG of "Chinese restaurant," Buzzr had a real quick edit after his answer reveal, but the OB had also been posted to Youtube showing him doing a long 80s-era bit with your stereotypical Chinese accent.

calliaume

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2021, 10:06:19 AM »
On one of the episodes with Michael Winslow, he had an answer in MG of "Chinese restaurant," Buzzr had a real quick edit after his answer reveal, but the OB had also been posted to Youtube showing him doing a long 80s-era bit with your stereotypical Chinese accent.
It's amusing to me the 1970s CBS episodes, which were famous for pushing the content envelope, seem to be much less edited today than the 1980s NBC shows, which have very few salacious questions.

nowhammies10

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2021, 12:50:11 PM »
GameTV in Canada runs a content warning card before afternoon airings of '70s Match Game and, strangely, both Super Password and Clark-era $100,000 Pyramid.

JMFabiano

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2021, 03:11:07 PM »
It's amusing to me the 1970s CBS episodes, which were famous for pushing the content envelope, seem to be much less edited today than the 1980s NBC shows, which have very few salacious questions.

Something something THEY CONVERTED MORE 70s EPISODES BEFORE CANCEL CULTURE TOOK OVER ETC ETC something. 
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

chargeradiocom

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2021, 02:36:02 PM »

Yeah, I’ve noticed there seems to be an “innocence bias,” I guess, toward the 70s shows. Besides the lighter-touch editing, BUZZR generally gives 70s shows, including Match Game, a TV-G rating, while being quicker to slap a TV-PG on 80s & later shows. There’s certainly a debate to be had over whether the TV content ratings are worth a darn in the first place, but I really don’t know how one can say 70s MG is totally G-rated, particularly when giving MGHSH a (justified, IMO) PG rating. I don’t know; maybe it’s a bias that shows were more innocent in the “good old days.”